Forums vs Social Media

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
A little off topic but Did I just Agree with Tony on something???:hug: Also I will admit when I was wrong on something. I used to stomp my feet and say it was dumb to lock tunes that a person pay's for. WRONG I see it now and why. I just figured people had more morals than most seem to have. I'm no super tuner but it is funny how the kids (new shops) want to hook there laptop up on a truck another shop has tuned/worked on and now they are a tune. Tony was correct.:hug: Damn two times in one day. I need to get back to work!:roflmao:I have half of America relying on me.

:thumb:

Most people are honest and great, its the small % that SUCK and ruin it for everyone else !!!!

I learned that 30+ years ago, when I first started working for myself and with my Father in the family business..............the few ruin it for the many.

I ended free lifetime updates about 1 year ago for all new customers, but my existing customer base was grandfathered !!!

Same deal, a few people ruined something.........and it was unfortunate, but SH!T Happens !!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Funny you say that, I work with the same clientele. They are all using social media on a daily basis.

The worlds richest people own social media companies. How could one argue social media isn't valuable?

Their companies use it, not them...;)

What business are you in? Typically, high end services and sales are niche markets and the clients can be vastly different folks...

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Don't you guys know that the popular thing these days isn't to be an honest and professional businessman for the long haul. The goal now is to get rich as fast as possible and get out, screw business ethics and customer service. At least that's the majority of outfits operating currently.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Facebook has done wonders for Dan's Diesel's HAHA :rofl::rofl::roflmao::roflmao:

The thing that kills me is all people do is say "buy this thing its awesome". Not the most important thing of "What do you use your pickup for or What are your goals?". Those are the firsts things I ask people. There's no way I'm going to sell something to someone that doesn't need it with what they use the pickup for or goals they have.

Yellowchevy

As I was reading this thread, sipping on my morning coffee, I was thinking the same thing. Then I read your statement. I spend a lot of time PM'ng folks asking those same questions, what are your goals? Ask yourself that before you start throwing money away.
I agree with most of the comments here, I've started coming back over this way for the exact reason.
I like having a little fun with the rest of them, but there's always that one person who is better than you, whether he/she is right,wrong or indifferent, that wants to make an ass out of you.
It happens here as well but not in the amount that Spacebook.
Either way I guess it's going to be the way f the industry no matter if you like it or not, I'm over the hill by most standards, and only listen to a few that are younger and have their shit together. I'm a firm believer in, " you're never to old to learn " probably why my truck is still in one piece yet lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah

What business are you in? Typically, high end services and sales are niche markets and the clients can be vastly different folks...

Oil Field & Photography. The ones I know of all own tech companies.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Don't you guys know that the popular thing these days isn't to be an honest and professional businessman for the long haul. The goal now is to get rich as fast as possible and get out, screw business ethics and customer service. At least that's the majority of outfits operating currently.

Shit people don't care they just want cheap.

I feel I offer great service and great morals I spend countless hours helping people for free something I frankly am going to stop doing

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013

I feel I offer great service and great morals I spend countless hours helping people for free something I frankly am going to stop doing

I actually thought this was the key to get more customers! 100% wrong!

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com

I actually thought this was the key to get more customers! 100% wrong!

Yep, these are the exact reasons I am done with this industry. Everyone wants to ask you the 21 questions then go buy online. Not worth the time it takes to deal with their bullshit.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Jake right? Upstate diesel performance.

We're doing a good thing, Im up in Rome area trying to do a similar buisness, completely understand your reasoning!.

Kevinbo6gt

Jul 23, 2009

Clients are all over the board in the high end services. 6 years in the window/door industry. The business savy ones don't mess with it at all. Its the retired grandparents that use social media in my experience.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Nope, this is Jim. Good luck, NY is tough. When it stops being fun, it's not worth it anymore...

Jim , jeesh I apologize, brothers Jake right?

None the less, Brian moores truck is still a ripper!!! You do great work.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA

People don't realize they are one of about 50 a day that just have a few questions. They can't understand why 20 minutes on the phone is a big deal. Well when the other 49 people do the same it adds up. I used to help everyone I could but I literally ran out time in the day answering questions for free and no income was being generated. Now I only offer tech to paying customers. Like I tell the people who call just wanting info "If you knew about me to call for help then you knew about me to order the parts". If they had I'd give them all the time they need. It's nothing for me to spend 6+ hours on the phone before I can even start working.

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
People don't realize they are one of about 50 a day that just have a few questions. They can't understand why 20 minutes on the phone is a big deal. Well when the other 49 people do the same it adds up. I used to help everyone I could but I literally ran out time in the day answering questions for free and no income was being generated. Now I only offer tech to paying customers. Like I tell the people who call just wanting info "If you knew about me to call for help then you knew about me to order the parts". If they had I'd give them all the time they need. It's nothing for me to spend 6+ hours on the phone before I can even start working.

Bingo! I think I recall a conversation about this with you...It really sucks that most people don't have the common sense to realize this.:mad:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio

Totally get this.

I have people call in all day wanting information. You can usually tell within 10 seconds what it will end up being. And then they get upset when you don't give hem the information they want. I am 100% commission based. I don't make money on information calls. Now if it's a normal customer who spends money. Let the questions roll.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Totally get this.

I have people call in all day wanting information. You can usually tell within 10 seconds what it will end up being. And then they get upset when you don't give hem the information they want. I am 100% commission based. I don't make money on information calls. Now if it's a normal customer who spends money. Let the questions roll.

Exactly :) If it's a paying customer I don't care if it's Sunday night if I see the call or text I'll reply.