Ford 6.7 vs lml workablity vs cost

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I know its not a duramax but who's all got one in their driveway and how do you like them. Just deleted my egr and dpf. Ordered some bigger wheels and a iron cross bull bar last night. It tows like a mule and the interior is comparable to my lt seats.

I wanted a 15 denali but when i found this lariat i couldn't pass it up
fe655df00f234aa4b46e2b54003caacc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I know its not a duramax but who's all got one in their driveway and how do you like them. Just deleted my egr and dpf. Ordered some bigger wheels and a iron cross bull bar last night. It tows like a mule and the interior is comparable to my lt seats.

I use my moms a lot and it's not a bad truck. She had to do two exhaust sensors under warranty but other than that it's been pretty reliable. She bought it originally for hot shots and when she isn't doing that she is towing her 5th wheel off the beaten path. Still no deletes yet since it's under extended warranty still but still better than their old 6.0 and 7.3 which were juiced up.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC

Good looking truck!

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
48195fe041e7eff4db2a3822bd25ed53.jpg
took an hour to gut it in my driveway so im somewhat impressed.

Custom tunes by tyrant with otf knob
Ebay egr plates
Flo pro race pipe

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Love mine. Lives on the 150hp high sulphur tune from tyrant. Even when i hook a trailer to it. Totally stock besides the tune and exhaust. Even down to motorcraft fuel and air filters. I melted an old set of tires down last weekend. All the way through 5th gear sitting still on dry asphalt. Should have video it but didn't think about it. Definitely my favorite truck so far
9084ed0e6052bf6e56770c1170b9cf42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Love mine. Lives on the 150hp high sulphur tune from tyrant. Even when i hook a trailer to it. Totally stock besides the tune and exhaust. Even down to motorcraft fuel and air filters. I melted an old set of tires down last weekend. All the way through 5th gear sitting still on dry asphalt. Should have video it but didn't think about it. Definitely my favorite truck so far

Needs wheels good looking rig!

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
My '13 F350 is probably my favorite truck so far, especially for the simplicity of what is done to it.

Attachments

• IMG_73489.JPG
    IMG_73489.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida

What road did you do that on?
Someone said farewell to a set on my road this weekend and I see your in my area lol?

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
What road did you do that on?
Someone said farewell to a set on my road this weekend and I see your in my area lol?
It was at a buddy's shop just off 441. Thought a trooper driving by was going to pull in but he just drove slowly through the smoke hehe

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho

I also run Tyrant tuning. :thumb:

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
Tyrant tuning through Ez Link or SCT? Dad has a '16 and I love it. Ex girlfriend has a 2011 that was good then her whole family has them that have been through hell on the farm. Very impressed. I've deleted a few just using SCT Tunes from Rudy"s

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Tyrant tuning through Ez Link or SCT? Dad has a '16 and I love it. Ex girlfriend has a 2011 that was good then her whole family has them that have been through hell on the farm. Very impressed. I've deleted a few just using SCT Tunes from Rudy"s

Tyrant tuning on an sct with on the fly

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Tyrant tuning on an sct with on the fly

My family is split like down the middle Ford and Chevy and one thing I've learned is that Ford transmissions don't learn fast like an Allison and don't like to switch on the fly. Not saying they don't but they cruise for a couple minutes before any throttle gain

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
My family is split like down the middle Ford and Chevy and one thing I've learned is that Ford transmissions don't learn fast like an Allison and don't like to switch on the fly. Not saying they don't but they cruise for a couple minutes before any throttle gain

I will agree with you on that. When i change tunes i have to ease in on it other wise youll bang shifts. Going down on tunes is okay but going up is murder so far for about 2 minutes then it chills out

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Same here, minus the on the fly.

I only got on the fly so you dont have to spend 20 minutes flashing the freakin thing. Did the whole single tune thing on my dads welding rig and said hell no lol.

I mainly use the dually to tow my race trailer and move farm equipment.

The Lby Duramax has finally found a cozy place at my new house next to the wifes cruze and my neglected lml that sets there in dust

All the fun toys usually stay in the barn tho

I need to delete the cruze but i dont wanna turn it up to hot. Has anyone on here tuned a cruze with a v2