For all you crew long guys...

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
If you really use a truck other then for towing you need a long bed. I don’t notice a difference in the turning of different 2500s. However my big truck is 10’ wide and with 9 axles. I often have to pull in to make a delivery and then back back out into a busy road.

I back everything into all parking spaces. That the easiest way to make sure you don’t hit anything. The key is watching your side mirrors while pulling past your parking spot, so you know right where your going. I’ve never needed a back up camera on a pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
like James said, you will learn real quick where you fit and where you dont. dont be afraid of curbs or sidewalks either:D

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
My old LB7 ecsb felt like a car after driving my 08 cclb drw for a while

You do get used to it and like said before, you quickly learn where you can and cant go. I take mine through drive throughs, back into parking stalls unless I can pull through it. I can take it pretty much anywhere but a car wash.

After having a long bed I don't think I would ever go back to a short. The extra set of doors is nice for extra storage and maybe the every once and a while passenger :rofl:. No camera or working backup sensors, I just use my mirrors and look over my shoulder

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Hambone I’m gonna have to defy you... I’m gonna get me a crew long. They’re just plain purdy. And the extra bed space will be useful for trips and camping. I can manage I think. I always park a ways away anyways. And pull through when I can. I’m used to being aware from my wide wheels.

Mike. What even are those :roflmao: by the way I’m honored to have you post on my thread. I hope one day I can meet you guys...

You don't know what a curb feeler is!?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Looked them up. Never seen that in my life lol probably not gonna have big nice wheels for a while till I get used to the truck. I’m used to backing difficult things up. The old work van was windowless in the back. You learn real fast how to back up in construction steps.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Honestly I think a lot of us haven’t seen curb feelers on the car before. I don’t think they were common on vehicles since the 70s. The only cars I’ve ever seen them on where ghetto sleds with Dayton wheels.

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Had my CCLB since 2005, been all over from upstate NY to LA for many vacations and work. Even had it in Hawaii for a few years and there ain't much room to expand there! Best thing I ever got was the backup camera. Just work with it and knowing where my mirrors are pointing, and taking my time. I back in to spots where I can, or pull through. My 18 yo brother in law jokes around and says I'm always 'gangsta parking' because I'll always be nose out where I can. Just makes it easier to leave when it's time to go. Love the truck, she's my daily driver, and I've used every bit of the extra cargo more than a few times. I wouldn't trade her in for anything less (or shorter).

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Honestly I think a lot of us haven’t seen curb feelers on the car before. I don’t think they were common on vehicles since the 70s. The only cars I’ve ever seen them on where ghetto sleds with Dayton wheels.

Back in the old days, most cars had the huge white walls. It was easy to scrape them on the curb and make them look ugly. Hence the curb feelers. Most cars had them installed back then.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Back in the old days, most cars had the huge white walls. It was easy to scrape them on the curb and make them look ugly. Hence the curb feelers. Most cars had them installed back then.
I didn't realize they where to protect the White Walls I always figured it was to keep from damaging wheels. So when did curb feelers start 50s?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk