Fng

FnG15t1F

May 31, 2012
hey guys just thought i would stop by and introduce myself. I am fairly new to the duramax always liked them but about to buy my first. i will be getting an 03 silverado quite soon. i am super stoked and cant wait to learn a new side to the car world. unfortunately i know more about big rigs and helicopters than i do duramax so definately going to need some guidance.:thumb:

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
Have you ever done them on lb7? Its not hard to do just time consumin,lot of stuff in the way,and injectors are in the valve cover! Expensive too. Are u looking to throw a tune in it?

FnG15t1F

May 31, 2012
i am going to throw a suspension lift and some rims and tires edge juice with attitude programmer and i am not sure if i am going to put stacks or straight pipe it yet cant decide and i take it that the lb7 is what comes in the 2003

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
i am going to throw a suspension lift and some rims and tires edge juice with attitude programmer and i am not sure if i am going to put stacks or straight pipe it yet cant decide and i take it that the lb7 is what comes in the 2003

I would look into efi first its soo much better Imo so many good tuners on here u wont be dissapointed believe me,just break out the wd40 and a crowbar to open that walet of urs,owning a duramax with a good tune is like a drug addiction,u start off doing a little bit,then a little becomes more and more:D

FnG15t1F

May 31, 2012
ok efi live instead of juice i am sold on that. as far as me having the lb7 is there a motor that is all around a better performer??

JRODS*LB7

Feb 1, 2012
SE Massachusetts
LBZ is good:thumb: lb7 will handle north of 500 Reliably depending on who is tuning!, when you get into 600hp and up ur asking for trouble!Lb7 pistons cut and coated handle pretty well. I dont know to much about the LBZ but from what i gathered on this forum they're great motors, rods are stronger then the lb7. So Depending on your plans with the truck if your looking for the 500-600hp mark your good too go!:woott:

FnG15t1F

May 31, 2012
nope no pics yet i am a currently out of country and have not even driven it yet:( but when i get back home i will have all kinds of pics i am definately super stoked:thumb: