EFILive Flying (in a plane) with EFI Live.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Hey,
this week I'll be flying for the first time since about 1992, :eek: and my buddy and I are going to pick up his new (to him) truck. I was planning on taking my V2 with me so just in case I need to hook up to the truck I had it. With the airport scanner x/raying of the carry on, will the controller be ok? We are flying 1 way and I'm only taking a small carry on. I figure I'm probably being over cautious, but don't want to learn the hard way.

Thanks.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I've seen cell phones and laptops go through those X ray machines. I would think it would be ok, but maybe wait for someone else to chime in.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
They sent my iPhone thru one and laptop and efi live. You must have all that stuff in a tray for them out of your carry on bag. You also have to take you belt off and shoes.

Big Angry

Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Its not going to hurt the V2.

The only issue is airport security wondering what the hell it is!! :eek:

That's a concern of mine as well.
I'm a tad bit anxious about all of the rigmarole of gettting on the plane and jumping through security's hoops. And then, we've got a 2488 mile drive we plan to do in 3 days. Should be an interesting trip. Glad I'm not paying the fuel bill. :rofl:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
That's a concern of mine as well.
I'm a tad bit anxious about all of the rigmarole of gettting on the plane and jumping through security's hoops. And then, we've got a 2488 mile drive we plan to do in 3 days. Should be an interesting trip. Glad I'm not paying the fuel bill. :rofl:

Ted I layed mine in the tray with the phone and laptop they never asked the rush your butt thru there. Just have belt off and shoes in tray and pockets empty in to tray also. I left the rest of my stuff cloths in the Dale sr bag I carried on just make sure it's open they will poke around in it. You can take a tooth brush but I would wait and buy one along with toothpaste once you vet were your landing kinda sounds like you will be in Cali area. I just rode on the big bird for the first time ever in my life to come from Kansas to bwi to get my truck from George when he swapped out the single for the twins and the trans.

Were in md now we used 56 gallons of fuel and it was 1148 miles to the door at the house here in md from Kcmo. So fuel should not hurt you to bad. If you guys can find SAMs clubs there fuel is running 2.65 to 2.70 a gallon just need to be a member. Most of the way from Kansas to md we paid 2.85 to 2.99 a gallon.

Big Angry

Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Thanks Henry for the tips.
I plan to buy toiletries and what not upon landing. We're going to Seattle, to get his truck. I don't think it's going to get more than 10 mpg though, it's big and heavy, but it holds 77 gallons, so fuel stops should be a little less frequent, but it's still going to be a long shitty drive. :D But a built motor, twin turbo 4x4 Kodiak should be a sweet truck to make the trek in. I'm told it tops out around 80mph or so, and that coming through Montana will "suck" at that speed. I plan to take a lot of pictures on our way, should be an adventure.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
You also have to take you belt off and shoes.

Homeland security in NY is so tight you have to do that to take the ferry to statue of liberty. Damn boat was leaving and I had to run with son under one arm and sneakers and belt in other hand. Lost my damn pants halfway up ramp. Good thing I wasn't going commando! It was a great photo op for the japanese tourists.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks Henry for the tips.
I plan to buy toiletries and what not upon landing. We're going to Seattle, to get his truck. I don't think it's going to get more than 10 mpg though, it's big and heavy, but it holds 77 gallons, so fuel stops should be a little less frequent, but it's still going to be a long shitty drive. :D But a built motor, twin turbo 4x4 Kodiak should be a sweet truck to make the trek in. I'm told it tops out around 80mph or so, and that coming through Montana will "suck" at that speed. I plan to take a lot of pictures on our way, should be an adventure.

Let me know if you guys come down I 70 the Kansas City area. We will be heading back this week.

Big Angry

Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Let me know if you guys come down I 70 the Kansas City area. We will be heading back this week.

According to Mapquest, we should be no where near Kansas,
looks like, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, then finally PA. Yikes. I got tired just reading all those states. :(

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
your goign to be going right by me on I 94 if you are taking it through wisconsin through chicago then to indiana? becareful there is one area of construction close to wisconsin illinois border that can be backed up at times.

Last edited:

Big Angry

Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
your goign to be going right by me on I 94 if you are taking it through wisconsin through chicago then to indiana? becareful there is one area of construction close to wisconsin illinois border that can be backed up at times.

yeah, that sounds about right. We have both printed directions, and I'm taking my GPS, so we'll see how it brings us. I have a feeling that in nearly 2500 miles of driving, we're going to encounter perhaps a good bit of both construction and delays. But, it is what it is when driving like that.

kman2468

Old Man Truck
May 3, 2009
yeah, that sounds about right. We have both printed directions, and I'm taking my GPS, so we'll see how it brings us. I have a feeling that in nearly 2500 miles of driving, we're going to encounter perhaps a good bit of both construction and delays. But, it is what it is when driving like that.

lol yes you will well not in south dakota. that is one straight road through south dakota and minnesota. all farm land BORING. as soon as you get to wisconsin you get to see some different stuff lol. yes chicago you will hit lots of construction. hope you got some change to pay the tolls. they charge alot! hope you dont have a trailer with you. will charge even more! make sure you go around chicago. otherwise it will be one of worst mistakes you have ever made :rofl: good luck man. its a long trip!

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Did he buy a Red Kodiak by chance? I might have seen it forsale. Is the plate DIFFKING or something like that?

I'll PM you my number and maybe I can help you guys out if need be. I live right across Puget Sound from Seattle. I can see downtown.

Big Angry

Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Did he buy a Red Kodiak by chance? I might have seen it forsale. Is the plate DIFFKING or something like that?

I'll PM you my number and maybe I can help you guys out if need be. I live right across Puget Sound from Seattle. I can see downtown.
Yep, that's the one, belonged to Randy of Randy's Ring and Pinion. Randy was a DP member and there were some threads about it being for sale.
Thanks again for the offer. I got the #'s and I'm taking them with me, hopefully we won't need them, but I do appreciate it.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
If you have an easy pass you might want to bring it along.

It will make getting through Wisconsin/Illinois/Indiana a lot faster.

Have fun, be safe.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Yep, that's the one, belonged to Randy of Randy's Ring and Pinion. Randy was a DP member and there were some threads about it being for sale.
Thanks again for the offer. I got the #'s and I'm taking them with me, hopefully we won't need them, but I do appreciate it.

That's a realy cool truck. I've seen it in person once. It's a very nice truck. If I had a need for something like that, I would have picked it up.