Flow

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
I may not line up with others views, I don't stay in line with others all the time because there is not much outreach if one follows the other in moving to different areas of the world of performance. Like I said before, I tend to be out thinking about other things, more indepth things or just turn things upside down to see how different approaches can be used. If that entails certain views from others you have all of the fun you want, have a nice day. Yeah, crazy nonsense I know :thumb:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/58...f1-inspired-16-litre-twin-turbo-diesel-engine

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
I heard the electric cars were a bit different too. That was a while ago. Look at the Renault Link I just posted. If F1 has inspired this engine, its only a matter of time PA.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
The link you posted has nothing to do with diesels going into formula 1, in fact it's the exact opposite. The whole reason engine manufacturers are in formula 1 besides the accolades, is to gain useful development mental knowledge they can apply to road engines. Renault isn't building that engine for formula 1, they're building with some technologies they learned from formula 1. Of course I'm not sure I'd trust that engine right now:roflmao:

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Well yeah, its all R&D. Doesn't rule out the possibility, nothing does until a final decision and you know it.
Renault claims its new Formula 1 Power Unit for the 2014 season has played a significant part in the twin-turbo diesel’s development, with both engines sharing a 1.6 litre capacity.
which by influence from that engine being high revolutions which I have in mind, albeit, not like F1 standards. To not try to create more revs to produce more work done in the same amount of time. I suppose high torque makes up for lower revolutions more than I believe, and to your perspective makes me look like nonsense. However once you break parts due to high torque. One would think you move to higher revolutions less instananeous torque output, lighter components, and more rpm to pull in front of the other racer.
The twin-turbo design is aimed at maximising low-end torque, while also boosting power at higher revs, with Renault saying the new engine “feels like a 2.0 litre”.

Leads back to adequate supply of combustible gas in the chamber as one aspect to performance, shed weight, manage fuel delivery, observe combustion dynamics, relieve stress risers and manage rigidity of the engine core to produce a consistant mill. Now you could perceive flow in the chamber as well, prior to ignition,during ignition and after we have pressure movements,movements that effect power, maybe minute but things out there think about. Fingers oval pistons, now did that change the crown strength with a coagulation of things besides distributing stress from combustion? I think so, and it involves flow (yes, my nonsense again) but it is not the flow spoken about previously here. Not only gas flow, but heat flow as well.

Its always an interesting conversation.

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I'm a little different than most everyone in this diesel world. See I'm super competitive and want to win. I try many things good and bad. I won't talk bad about most unless it's just pure junk. I don't try and make others think I'm smarter than them. I want everyone to think ( and for the most part I am) dumber than dirt. The only ego trip I have is wanting to win! I won't tell anyone they need stuff that for the most part they don't. I don't tell everyone my stuff makes u real power, because it doesn't. I'm going to say it one more time and spend your money on good turbos and injectors! That's is were you will see big power advantages. Heads and cams have there place and will help a little but for most it's not going to do what they think it will or what some will tell you it will. They is some VERY smart people in here but there not the ones trying to tell everyone how smart they are. there is guys who have tried many many things they just don't talk about it. Perfect your combo will get you better results than the trick of the week.

Amen.