Fleet truck with 185,000 miles/do it?

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Would you buy a fleet/company truck with 185,000 miles? 2005 CCLB 4x4. The price is very good and I'm willing to put a little money and maintenance back into it if the major stuff (Engine/Trans/Diff's) would have potential with that many miles (doesn't seem like too many in comparison to...)

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
If it's a nice clean truck, runs and drives good, fluid looks good I wouldn't hesitate if it were me. Especially if it was stock, never tuned. My 05 isn't there yet but I have two buddies with 05s, one has 275k, the other has 330k. Both just had regular maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
It looks like it has been quite dirty in it's life but I'm not too worried about dust and dirt. I'm going to go check it out in the next few days. They are asking $12,500 so I think that is cheap for what it is.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
It looks like it has been quite dirty in it's life but I'm not too worried about dust and dirt. I'm going to go check it out in the next few days. They are asking $12,500 so I think that is cheap for what it is.

That's too much money. Better talk them down atleast under $10k. I bought my 07 lbz rclb with 140k for $13,000.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
See if you can take a look at the maintenance records. Everything ever done to the truck should be there...oil changes, fluids, parts, etc. They shouldn't have any issue with you looking at them.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
If the hour meter worked throughout its life then divide the miles by hours. If it's below 30 mph average then it spent a bunch of time idling. Not a particularly good thing...

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Thats what I was going to say. Check into there maintance program and see if there is records. Check fluids as you can. Most of the time you can judge the book by its cover and how its taken care of. Pop hood and check out. Not a bad deal in my eyes. Jew them down if ya can. all above is good advice also. ive seen numerous dmax's with over 300k on them around us. Still going strong. Good luck.

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
If the hour meter worked throughout its life then divide the miles by hours. If it's below 30 mph average then it spent a bunch of time idling. Not a particularly good thing...

Good advice. I bet that sucker spent tons of time idling. Hopefully I can check it out tomorrow.

Also, I am looking for a LONG bed and most crew cabs I find are SHORT beds.:mad:

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
Good advice. I bet that sucker spent tons of time idling. Hopefully I can check it out tomorrow.

Also, I am looking for a LONG bed and most crew cabs I find are SHORT beds.:mad:

Have to watch out for that. I've seen several guys that have had that engine hour rest back to zero and start over so that might not give you a good answer either. If it looks well taken care of inside and out and runs like it should. I think that price is fair. Of course try and talk me down.