LBZ: Fleece transmission cooler lines

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Considering the age of my truck and plastic radiator tanks I would not hang that much weight from the plastic radiator housing at the cooler not mention the potential movement and lack of support. The OEM lines with the flexible sections replaced have the best support and for me would be the only option.

So the question is will/did the tank/cooler fail due to age or by adding the additional stress of the hydraulic lines and speed up the process or both items described. If anyone has some OEM steel lines on their garage shelf collecting dust for a LBZ let me know I need them. I want to have them fixed before mine fail, PM me please.

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
Those Fleece lines sure look nice!! And so do those nice oversized CAT lines. I guess I will have to pick up a set from XDP. They are local to me, but darn Fleece (or XDP) doesn't allow you to get in on the 10% off sale for Thanksgiving on Fleece products, among many others. Oh well. Thanks for the great info.
And thanks for the info on only taking out one rad cooler fitting at a time, I would have never thought that to be the case.:thumb:

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
Bringing this back up.

Just ordered a set, but it says I need additional fittings if I run an aftermarket cooler (PPE). Can anybody confirm?

willards lbz

Dec 30, 2012
ontario, canada
Hey burn down, any chance you have the lengths of the hoses you could let me know? I'd like to make a set without having my truck down for the fab time and just have it down for a one shot re and re. thanks

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
IMG_0180.jpg
Got any info on said cooler

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The fleece lines seem to have full flow hose ends, whereas the DRP lines sold by alligator do not.

Is anyone is running the Fleece lines?

I have heard this before and asked but have yet to get an ID measurement of the fitting to confirm. Just curious as to how much bigger than the stock ones they are.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Yeah the alligator/drp lines are the way to go hands down.
Had mine on for about 5 years now

Last edited:

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
I have the drp lines on my truck and I wraped them in some HD spiral loom from NC machinery. Same stuff the use on hydraulic hoses. That way I don't have to worry about them getting rubbed through and causing leaks. No problem with the fittings either since install.