LBZ: Fleece transmission cooler lines

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Anybody running fleece's transmission cooler lines? Mine just started leaking and these look pretty nice. Just checking to see if anybody has had an issue with these for any reason.

tbrowne

Dec 5, 2010
They appear to be the same lines sold by Alligator Performance but they are considerably more expensive.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They kinda look like the DRP lines alligator sells but not quite. The price is a little high IMO. The alligator ones are lifetime warranty too dunno about these.

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
The fleece lines seem to have full flow hose ends, whereas the DRP lines sold by alligator do not.

Is anyone is running the Fleece lines?

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I have been thinking about replacing my lines also, what are the ends, as in size?? I can make my own at work but need the ends, (acft mechanic) are the an fittings pipe thread??

Last edited:

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
I just remove lines and have a local hydraulic shop make some new line with compression fittings. No shipping, done while I wait.

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
The fleece lines seem to have full flow hose ends, whereas the DRP lines sold by alligator do not.

Is anyone is running the Fleece lines?

I have them on my truck. A great product. It's full lines with fittings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fandango

Aug 7, 2013
Mefis
I just installed the Fleece lines yesterday. All in all pretty straightforward. I cut the old short, and medium length lines to get them out. The long one had a little bit of fluid in it still after draining all the lines. That was a pink surprise all over my shirt.

I read somewhere else to remove one cooler line at a time at the radiator and that worked well for me with no coolant lost. the new lines and fittings were real easy to install. I really like the black anodized full flow fittings, which is what sold me on these lines.

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
Any other opinions on the Fleece vs. DRP?

I like the anodized aluminum but wonder which will handle road salt better. The DRP appear to be zinc plated steel. My current lines are rotted pretty good and will fail soon I'm sure so I want to get them changed out prior to onset of full winter. Barring any negative comment on the Fleece units, I will probably go with them. Oh does the Fleece still use parker hydraulic hose like the DRP?

Thanks

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Lines

I sell and install the Fleece lines and they work perfect. They are a full flow radius on the ends and every O-Ring and fitting needed. I have not tried the others. Steel braided lines could cause problem rubbing other lines/wiring and cutting it in time.

Forced Induction

The Mouse
Aug 19, 2009
NJ
Thanks for the quick replies. I am not interested in cutting the tubing lines as I am trying to get rid of the factory aluminum so the repair/compression lines are out for me. I like the braided but I have worked with parker style hydraulic hose before and it is tuff as nails, so it should work for me. I just have to find some nice clamps/mounts.

Does anyone make replace AN style lines for factory power steering? I already had my lines fail once and was wondering if there are other options besides factor replacement.

Lets see:
Brake Lines- Failed (Replaced w/ 304SS)
PS Lines - Failed (Replaced with aftermarket factory style)
Fuel Line - Failed (Replaced with 1/2" Russel Hose)
Trans Lines - Corroded (Failure soon)

Sorry, just seems like every tubing line on the truck has failed me. Just Ranting!!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I built my own using Cat cloth braided -12 hose and Stainless Jic fittings. I had to round up some Boss to JIC adapter fittings for the Trans, Cooler & Radiator from the local hose shop. The fittings in the Radiator need to be removed 1 at time as they hold the heat exchanger in the radiator tank. I also had to custom machine those fittings to hold the belvue (retention) washer. I also drilled out all the fittings that were stepped to full flow. For under 300 bucks with all the fittings fleece's kit is a pretty good deal. I have also installed the DHD stainless braided lines on a guys truck and they worked perfect but as Stingpuller mentioned be cautious of the routing as they will saw through everything.
IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg