LB7: fitting tailgate with LED BUT where is this electrical connection

Shane&VanessaUK

Jul 29, 2014
UK North Lincolnshire
Hi...

Just got my tailgate lip trim.. with built in LED lights for sidelights and brake lights, fits real nice BUT where will I find this connection? looked under rear of truck and about to check in tail light housing although I find it doubtful it will be there...

Can anybody advise?

Shane&VanessaUK

Jul 29, 2014
UK North Lincolnshire
Thanks Slowmax.. had a good look around, it does have hitch but can not see anything that looks like that..... been under truck with torch for 30 minutes grrr

Looks like I'll have to hard wire off my tail light wires, but the four wires is throwing me to be honest as its simply brake light and running lights, so I'd have thought three wires? 2 lives and 1 earth? but I'm no electrical expert lol!!

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Looks to be a standard 4 wire trailer plug.

WiringPlugDiagram.jpg

Shane&VanessaUK

Jul 29, 2014
UK North Lincolnshire
Ok thanks for the info guys.. seems mine is different coloured wires plus what really sucks is I'm in the UK where that system is not used and therefore can not be purchased here.
You'd have thought the light bar would have come with it complete or at least with wiring diagram, guess this is the down side to e-bay so much far east rubbish..

Fitted LED rear lights a few week back which quickly steamed up then filled with water!!

Looks like it will be trial and error scotch lock route and hope for the best...