First Tow report for my LML

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Well finally got the trailer behind the new truck. OMG this thing pulls like a monster. I have to say it pulls better than my LB7 with tunning did. I would run 80hp tow tune and still have to drop to 4th on alot of small grades due to the fact that the turbo was not spooled up. The LML just keeps pulling in 5th until the hill is real steep. Did about 900miles and got 1 regen cycle and averaged 9.8mpg hand calculated running 60-65 with 10k/lb toyhauler. that mileage may not sound too great, but we are talking SoCal to the eastern Sierra withlots of hills and plenty of wind to go with it. Pulled Sherwin Grade out of Bishop at 60mph in 4th with power to spare.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Glad you like your LML. I just pulled a 12.5k with my LMM after hauling the same load with my LML. Both trucks are bone stock and both have adequate power, I do find the mileage a bit better with the LML but it's very close. The difference come in stability. The new frame and suspension just seems to make towing very enjoyable. You don't really notice how stable the LML is until you get in the LMM. My trailer is also a 3 axle bumper hitch float and it weigh 4500 lbs empty so it can really throw the truck around when loaded if your not careful.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I like the lml also. Pulled a s250 on a 24ft trailer up to cabin about 4hrs away. Pulls awesome for a stock truck. But nowhere near what my lbz pulls like. but that's not fair. My lbz is far from stock. I love the way they (lmls)look, bigger rims and pull like a dream. Best truck in stock form I've ever drove empty or loaded. I just hope that efi live or gm come thru and will be able to mod it. Then it will be that much better.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Sounds good. Where did you go exactly Steve? I was up at Rock Creek 2-weeks ago for 3-days. Was really nice.

Hey Greg, I was at Rock Creek and stayed at East Fork. 4 days fishing and mountain biking. Great time. Catch and released alot of browns,brookies and rainbows.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Glad you like your LML. I just pulled a 12.5k with my LMM after hauling the same load with my LML. Both trucks are bone stock and both have adequate power, I do find the mileage a bit better with the LML but it's very close. The difference come in stability. The new frame and suspension just seems to make towing very enjoyable. You don't really notice how stable the LML is until you get in the LMM. My trailer is also a 3 axle bumper hitch float and it weigh 4500 lbs empty so it can really throw the truck around when loaded if your not careful.

Your are correct. I did really notice a stability difference with the new truck. I did not have to fight the wind as much.Grade braking and exhaust brake work well.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
Hey Greg, I was at Rock Creek and stayed at East Fork. 4 days fishing and mountain biking. Great time. Catch and released alot of browns,brookies and rainbows.
What did you do with the LB7? Glad you are enjoy the new ride. I was at East Fork too. Spot #149.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
i pulled an lmm with an lml denali dually with urea dpf airdog and whatever delete with h&s tuner and intake about 400 miles...yes it was a monster but dont think it pulled better than my lb7 power wise you could tell the new frame was there though:thumb:

Amys2k11LML

Sep 27, 2011
Ft Myers Florida
Have any of you had the truck throw a code when towing? I tow several different trailers and one of them has made my 2011 throw a code both times I towed it! No other trailer has done it:confused:????????

Amys2k11LML

Sep 27, 2011
Ft Myers Florida
The dealer found code PO299, not sure what that is they reset the ECM, I was wondering if the trailer caused it somehow, the service writer could not answer my question and the techs were gone because I picked it up after hours

sengli

Jan 3, 2012
northern Indiana
Thats great to hear about the towing milage. I just bought a 2011 3500HD dually to tow our 10K fifth wheel. Never owned a diesel truck before. Got 17 MPG on the highway, not towing of course. So far so good.

Brent_f70

Apr 17, 2012
Just bought my new 2012 2500 and first thing I did was show it it's purpose in life. Towed my Jeep on a car hauler to moab and was AMAZED how well it did. Towed up and over an 11000ft mountain pass like the jeep was not even back there. averaged over 13MPG for the trip.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I am not having any trouble with mpg in this truck. 240 mile trip to river crusing 75-80 empty was 20.5. Towed the boat home and got 14.5 at 60-70. A little better than my LB7 was.

mpeters0991

Aug 17, 2010
Southeast Iowa
So is the whole urea deal with these trucks as bad as everyone makes it out to sound? How long does the stuff last? I've heard the tank on the truck is like 5 gallons, is that right?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
So is the whole urea deal with these trucks as bad as everyone makes it out to sound? How long does the stuff last? I've heard the tank on the truck is like 5 gallons, is that right?

I believe it is a five gallon tank. your driving habbits/ conditions depict how much of it is used. My first tank didnt last to long. Then I filled it and shortly after that deleted it. My only Complaints with the emissions on the LML is the regen and that dumb looking tail pipe.