First time on the rollers

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I ran mine for the first time with KC sat. also. Our trucks are identical except he is shimmed and I have an intake. I ran 316/637 stock, and 435/851 on level 4.

Oh yea, my truck has been driven WAAYYYY easier than his has:D

Not from the looks of your avatar. :D

Congrats to both of you! Its a slippery slope you've just started down.....

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
Not from the looks of your avatar. :D

Congrats to both of you! Its a slippery slope you've just started down.....

That burnout in his avatar was at my house.. :D I had to talk him into doing that after a few glasses of liquid courage (crown & pepsi)

In all honesty, I drive my truck like that EVERYWHERE, even pulling my camper... :rofl:

But I still think I spun tires on the dyno.. cause Your truck didnt accelerate as fast as mine, Kyle. I went from around 55 or 60 - 135 or 140 in just a second or two.. :eek:

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
I was meaning to ask ya'll, does this look okay? or "normal"? I found out that the dynojet was running ZERO load.. will that make a difference? What load % should I be looking for on a dyno to get accurate numbers for track tuning?

Thanks!

30uepo1.jpg

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
i think it is fine for a stock turbo . a load just makes sure that the turbo lights. other wise you have to ride the brakes to get it to light. dyno's vary on the load percentage. but i think for a 500 hp truck most run about 50% load

Oilfield_Mafia

Im the ONLY Okie..
Jun 8, 2008
Worlds Highest Hill
i think it is fine for a stock turbo . a load just makes sure that the turbo lights. other wise you have to ride the brakes to get it to light. dyno's vary on the load percentage. but i think for a 500 hp truck most run about 50% load

wait a second.. I was supposed to hold the brakes? All I did was ease up to 4th gear, and then stand on it.. :confused: