first time injectors suggestions

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
With my experience the evapo rust didn't work as well as I hoped but with a few brass wire bits on a dremel they turned out fine.[/QUOTE]

The best way i have found to make it work is if you can warm it up.

pgr11

Sep 8, 2014
Hesperia, CA
With my experience the evapo rust didn't work as well as I hoped but with a few brass wire bits on a dremel they turned out fine.

The best way i have found to make it work is if you can warm it up.[/QUOTE]
That is something I didn't do. If or when the time comes again I'll give it another shot.

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
so i have another question

i have heard some people discuss getting fuel in their oil after doing all 8 injectors. some it has been a faulty replacement injector and others, were improper sealing of return lines. this seems to be common, and are there any tips on making sure that they are sealed and won't leak?

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
so i have another question

i have heard some people discuss getting fuel in their oil after doing all 8 injectors. some it has been a faulty replacement injector and others, were improper sealing of return lines. this seems to be common, and are there any tips on making sure that they are sealed and won't leak?

use all new banjo seals and make damn sure that the seal is installed correctly and that you torque the lines. there is a tool to make and pull a vacuum on the return line system but its hard to get tot he banjo seal on the outside of the pass side head to attach it. if your really careful and make sure they are done correctly you should be fine. if not you'll know in 30 milesor so when your oil pressure starts to drop lol

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
i have an 02, i thought the wiring was not going to work, i know the 03-04 will work. i wish i could, i have debated on putting lly heads, but again the wiring issues.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
i have an 02, i thought the wiring was not going to work, i know the 03-04 will work. i wish i could, i have debated on putting lly heads, but again the wiring issues.

Bt diesel works solved the wiring issues.. Lly lbz swaps are pretty easy now.

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
has anyone here done the CLR soak for the injector lines. i have read elsewhere that can be done. i don't really want to buy new injector lines if i can help it, but then again i want to make sure this is done right.

I bought a set of used lines to try that with... long story short, it pulled of all the exterior coating on the lines and the nuts. Therefor allowing them to corrode more than usual, which could cause more problems down the road. I cut my $70 loss and just bought new lines from merchant automotive. It's the internal corrosion in the lines that becomes the negative factor for our LB7 injectors... the particulates that erode from inside the tube/line get into the injector itself . Those particulates can then get into the seat of the checkball and damage it causing leaks. This is one of the beliefs as to why the LB7 ones fail more than the others. Talking to places that rebuild the injectors most of the time recommend just replacing the lines. Cheap additional insurance in my book... $600 lines vs. $2-3K injectors.

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
so is there no real way to clean the lines then? so the places that offer rebuilt (cleaned) lines are not any better?

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
well i dont know i like the sounds of the BT diesel wiring harness, its a lot and wonder how much I'm going to be in it by the time I'm done with the whole conversion.

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
so is there no real way to clean the lines then? so the places that offer rebuilt (cleaned) lines are not any better?

As for that, I don't know. I haven't heard of places selling "cleaned lines." I would think a line is messed up one way or another as soon as the corrosion process starts, only way I see to fix it would be to polish the inside of the tubes.. which then lessens the strength/integrity of the lines because you removing additional material. Just my $.02 though, I am no expert on it all..

roxyfever

Feb 11, 2016
terrell tx
My advice just take your time and dont rush. My dad just did his and he replaced all the high pressure lines. Its a added cost but leaves no worries on if you cleaned them good enough

MarylandDmax

Jan 30, 2016
so I'm mid-injector change, and i fought with getting that rounded lower valve cover bolt off for a few hours today, but managed to get it off. here is a picture of the weld i had to make in order to get enough toree on the bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 21