Allison 5sp: First duramax

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Trans kit from Evan with his Suncoast converter is $3600 but the customer service you get from him is top notch. You can text him any questions and he'll walk you through it. I just finished one of his kits last week and it was my first time ever being inside a transmission. I was honestly surprised how easy it was so if you feel comfortable and are mechanically inclined I would build it yourself. All the clutch packs come with the right clearances out of the box so there is no guess work. Take lots of pictures and notes and you'll have no problem.

IdahoRob is no longer providing tuning for on road vehicles so you're gonna need to find a new tuner. There's some good ones in the vendors section plus other good shops who arnt.

Evans transmission kit and converter, 45% over injectors from Lincoln Diesel Specialties, and a turbo from Mark at Danville Performance with his tuning is the route I would go. Keep it around 600whp to save the rods and leave the motor alone unless you wanna spend big bucks.

Russell B

May 5, 2018
Alaska
Trans kit from Evan with his Suncoast converter is $3600 but the customer service you get from him is top notch. You can text him any questions and he'll walk you through it. I just finished one of his kits last week and it was my first time ever being inside a transmission. I was honestly surprised how easy it was so if you feel comfortable and are mechanically inclined I would build it yourself. All the clutch packs come with the right clearances out of the box so there is no guess work. Take lots of pictures and notes and you'll have no problem.

IdahoRob is no longer providing tuning for on road vehicles so you're gonna need to find a new tuner. There's some good ones in the vendors section plus other good shops who arnt.

Evans transmission kit and converter, 45% over injectors from Lincoln Diesel Specialties, and a turbo from Mark at Danville Performance with his tuning is the route I would go. Keep it around 600whp to save the rods and leave the motor alone unless you wanna spend big bucks.

Thank you for your response. This was what I was needing I think. That gives me more insight on what I want to do because I don’t want to tear into the motor until it’s toast and as of right now by black stone laboratories the motor is in excellent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk