Finished the Drag Truck

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Well I am glad to say I had a hand in this build but its not quite over yet. We are still waiting for the new block to come back from the machine shop so we can assemble it and finish building the twins. Soon as all those kinks get worked out we will be doing a 4-link on the rear with a half tub. I know its a Dodge but its gonna be fast and its one of my good friends.

Specs:
97 2500 CTD
Short bed conversion
Right now has a A5k that is severly overfueled, With the new motor we will twinning that A5k with an HX-82.

This whole build has been a budget build with everything done by us except the machine work which was done by keating machine. Not bad for a bunch of youngins. Truck will hopefully run in the 9's when done.

Heres some vids and pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPDaDbsPWY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JMtRAJVVY

Attachments

• IMGP0665.jpg
    IMGP0665.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMGP0666.jpg
    IMGP0666.jpg
    631.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP0661.JPG
    IMGP0661.JPG
    771.7 KB · Views: 64

dmax687

Founder Team TCS...
Sep 26, 2008
Wheaton IL
Very nice guys!! congrats! Can't wait to see times and video. Dodge or not, very nice truck! How big is that stack? 7"?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats on the build.

All I ask is that you guys know what you're doing before you take that truck on its first pass. Nobody wants to see a rerun of that shortbox Dodge crash from last year.

Last edited:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Congrats on the build.

All I ask is that you guys know what you're doing before you take that truck on its first pass. Nobody wants to see a rerun of that shortbox Dodge crash from last year.

Your right on that part, the truck will have all the needed saftey equipment before its first pass

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Nice work.

I am not a fan of Dodges, I am a fan of the guy who busts his own knuckles to build his rig. He'll know what hes got it from the cam to the converter.

Good luck.:D

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Very nice, can't wait to see it make some passes.

There is another short bed reg cab dodge being built in NC right now too. It is a 2WD and '03 though - they're making it look like an SRT-10 and putting SRT-D6 graphics on it. I saw it dyno over 700hp while limited on fuel before they started this project on it. Link to it

Last edited: