Finally made my first pass in the truck

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
So Ive made tons of passes in my old 63 impala(sold) and my 77 vega. But never have raced my truck. I've sled pulled for a few years now. I think in this area most guys don't try to dd/race/pull their truck. They have dedicated trucks. But I finally made 2 passes at gateway on Tuesday. I think if I had one more pass I coulda got that 12. It was alot of fun and very different than a 2wd gasser. No video but got slips. First run I had waaaay too much air in the tires, and built too much boost. Second run I couldn't build enough boost cause I pushed through the brakes and tripped the second stage lights. Caught me off guard.
IMG_3451.jpg
IMG_1031.jpg

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Thats a pretty good reaction time for the first time racing the truck. They are definitely a little more tricky to launch. A couple more runs and you should have that 12!

I'm like you, I use my truck to dd/pull/race with. Last year I managed to get a couple 12 second slips, a first place sled pull and a few camping trips with my truck.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Thanks guys. I really wanna get on the fastest stock list before i throw my 366 on the truck. This is basically how I drive it everyday minus the tailgate and my 18's. So next week I'm taking off everything I can get my hands on.

BestJ

Mar 23, 2012
Congratulations! Good results, you must have been training hard to get that far :) Keep working your way up, good job dude!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Little update, ran a 12.87 @ 105.2. Still have some tweaking and stuff to do. Weighed the truck at a cat scale before the track and was 6480 with me in it. About 6280 without me.