LML Finally had enough!!!

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Finally got to do some highway driving with the truck deleted. I went 150 miles to our families lake place in northern Minnesota and averaged 21.9mpg. The same drive before deleting I was at about 17-17.5 mpg. This is using the DIC, but I will hand calculate when I get to verifie it.

I forgot to update this, I did hand calculate the fuel mileage and it came out to 21.68mpg. So the DIC is still pretty accurate and that's a 4 mpg gain!!!

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
For anyone looking for a quite muffler to put on a LML with delete pipes or just a loud system that you want to quit down the Nelson 86127M works very well. Just put one on my CCSB and it fits well for being 40" long. Sounds great I'm really happy with it.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I had a Walker muffler for about a year finally started to rattle after about a year. Should have went with my first choice Donaldson but the Walker cross referenced with Donaldson, ya right quality sucked..

The Donaldson PDF file tells approximately how much sound attenuation you can expect from a particular muffler, could not find that in the Nelson or Walker lineup.

I went with a Donaldson M085421 as opposed to an identical size M085171 (about 40"OAL), the M085421 has an attenuation range of 12-18 decibels as opposed to 8-12 for the M085171....I also installed a Donaldson resonator up where the cat used to be to be sure I had no drone...

Page 56

http://www.emea.donaldson.com/en/exhaust/support/datalibrary/063025.pdf

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
The Nelson that I used is 4" straight through without a center baffle, the Donalson that I looked at with similar numbers had one. They also have a resonator but it didn't look like it would fit in front of the transmission crossmember into the flo pro delete pipes. After hearing it last night I'm not sure I would want it any quiter anyway. And zero drone finally after being straight piped for a few months. For anyone running the flo pro delete pipes follow the instructions on where to cut the factor pipe and put everything together temporary then cut the new pipe about 37" away from the first cut and use the clamps that come with the delete pipes. This makes for a stealth look by using the factory tailpipe and is almost as quite as stock until you really get after it!

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Installed a resonator right after the torsion bar mount, it serves double duty as it looks a lot like something else. If I took the time I might have been able to install it before the transmission mount and obtained better drone reduction. I also installed a sock around the downpipe and the hot side pipe to further reduce cab noise, little if any turbo whine now......
=
=
9ir238.jpg

=
=
=

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
So far its looking like I gained about 3mpg driving back and forth to work.[/QUOTE]

It is things like this that tells me the emissions game is a whole lot of crap how could it be better for the environment by burning more fuel that isn't doing any work all this crap is just lining the pocket of people like Gore...

$chultz38

Jan 22, 2009
I put a cold air intake, delete pipes and muffler, egr blocker plates, down pipe, lift pump, and tuning on mine and this thing is a blast to drive. Saving for trans and cp3 conversion...

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The emissions thing is maybe part crap and you don't know until you have it tested what the numbers are. With the maximum opacity of 40% where I live my truck went from 4.5% bone stock and subsequently to 6.6% (stock tune, a few items changed)and the last being 19.0% (90hp tune)

Last edited:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I finally got my S&B intake installed. Intake fit and finish was very good. I will update in a couple weeks to see if it helped or hurt fuel mileage.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 48

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You should notice or think you notice it being a touch more responsive. That's limited by the tune in itself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk