Finally doing headgaskets and headstuds

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I didn't get them coated from Rick. I'm not sure if I want to wrap them either with the harsh winters and salt up here. I think I'm just going to hit them with some high temp ceramic paint myself

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I feel like that depends what your goals are. You still on stock turbo? I'm just doing up pipes since I will have them off for my turbo swap. I don't plan on getting too crazy so I'm not doing headers. Empire diesel did a test and the biggest gain was up pipes.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Stock cp3 is plenty. Injectors will hold you back before cp3.

Turbo choice has a lot of variables. How much hp you looking to make? Do you want a variable vane or fixed?

I'm building a modded Lly charger right now. Should flow enough for 650 pretty easily which is enough to blow my motor lol

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I want to do bigger nozzles. I will most likely send mine off to be cleaned and honed out. In my mind it's insurance lol, it gets the pulse width down getting cylinder pressure down, keeps the fuel in the bowl and allows you to turn down the timing. While your already tore down you might as well send them off

You have good Pistons though, your problem will be bending rods. Bigger Injectors aren't really going to help in that case. It will help me and my shitty Pistons lol

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Idk that's tough.. You can bend a rod at 600, the 68stg2r alone is enough to bend them. Having bigger injectors allows you to push even more power. As much as we all say well I won't use it we always have to try it once lol. I say your this far into it just throw some carillos in there and delip the Pistons