Finally doing headgaskets and headstuds

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Havnt posted anything in awhile but the truck finally needed headgaskets. So I purchased the Grade Cs with the whe gasket kit and ARPs. Already tore it down dropped the heads off to the machine shop on Monday. Plans are to install the LBZ CP3 ive had sitting on my shelf for over a year, LML manifold also been on the shelf for awhile, EGR deleted with up pipes, high flow Y bridge and maybe Danvilles new 68 stg 2R. Ill try and post pictures since I have a ton from tearing it down .

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Nice man, Subd! What you going with for up pipes? I'm going to be swapping turbos soon and would like to do a full y bridge combo and up pipe but will probably end up doing one or the other.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I'm leaning towards tow flows also but if I can't make the sale I might go after ppes new up pipes for stock manifolds. Haven't really seen anyone run them though. They are priced at 450 and the towflows are 445 on sale

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
98a5b52fe1452f62c0c1c98d31671897.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
If you haven't pulled a motor in your truck before, hg's are easier to do with the motor in.

I a lot less time and mistakes to make. Me, next time I'll pull the motor so I can go over everything, but the first time I did it, and the rush I was in, I'm glad I didn't pull it.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
You will have to pull the studs first. But other than that no. The back lower one on the driver side you'll have to get loose and put a rubber band around it and pull it with the head if I remember right, been forever, I put my studs in first (the first time I fooled with this stuff) and was in a hurry so I had to dent the firewall to get the head on.
The stud won't come out with the head on so you do that so the stud comes out and the head comes off without hitting.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Could i just dent the firewall and pull the whole head? Or lift the body a few inches?

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
No havnt bought the up pipes yet.. Heads were done today but hopefully can pick them up sometimes this week Since I have been working out of town and havnt had much time to do anything..

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
No havnt bought the up pipes yet.. Heads were done today but hopefully can pick them up sometimes this week Since I have been working out of town and havnt had much time to do anything..

Working out of town can get old huh? I make so many plans to get done before I leave, by the time I head home I forget how to get there half the time

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
do I need to get the arp head stud oil? or is that just if I pull the studs? planning on just pulling the nuts to pull the heads?