Finally a 13 sec run

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
a larry tune and i beilve he disable the rev limiter so i was able to pull all the way up to 5 grand but i only did about 4200 on the tach. He has danm sure built a good tune this time he has drop my 60' alot and has got me 2 more mph in the 8th and has made me 2 tenths quicker in the either and has also got me where i wanted to get with a stock tranny and no lift pump Thanks larry

No, its a true salad tune, there's a little of Pat, Simon, Chris, Craig and Larry in that tune. Kurt were you running on the base tune, or was it one of the dsp's? :D

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
I have the time slips on the diesel place i could not upload them on this site also i hope u have dell imange or something that away u can zoom in to see it

duramaxin14

Just Keeping Up
May 25, 2007
Wauchula fl
I got some new tunning today it fills much faster then the one that i ran the 13.7 on i am thinking about going back to the strip this thursday not for sure though but if i do i think i may be able to run a 13.6 or 13.5 possibly i may just wait until i get my tranny and lift pump

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Nice Work!!!
I know a couple guys with the 04.5 dmax 4x4 and they are running pretty hi horse constantly and have yet to limp or do damage to their trannies--at least to the internal components. A few trucks must have been built extremely well from factory to keep the GM/Allison reputation up.

Damn 4200RPM???? Only time I ever heard a diesel do that and not scatter was an 8V71 Jimmy during a runaway!!! It hit 6310 before it blew a rod out the side!!! What a noise!!!

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
I got some new tunning today it fills much faster then the one that i ran the 13.7 on i am thinking about going back to the strip this thursday not for sure though but if i do i think i may be able to run a 13.6 or 13.5 possibly i may just wait until i get my tranny and lift pump

Nice work!!!...You must have got a monster CP3 and transmission from the factory...I needed a stage 4 trans, lift pump and shim kit to go 99.xx MPH with my LLY :D

BigWill_21

~BULL HURLEY Look-A-Like~
Aug 28, 2006
Greenville, NC
I know... We need to see these slips or videos!!! I am just amazed as I am can't seem to get a 13.xx pass with what i have doen and I'm 4wd with good 60' times on 285's..

Lets see these slips or video... SEND THEM TO ME AND I WILL HOST THEM FOR YOU!!!

BIG

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I know... We need to see these slips or videos!!! I am just amazed as I am can't seem to get a 13.xx pass with what i have doen and I'm 4wd with good 60' times on 285's..

Lets see these slips or video... SEND THEM TO ME AND I WILL HOST THEM FOR YOU!!!

BIG
here's on of the videos from a previous thread, not sure of the time that was run, I think it was 14 sec. + / -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kZFc9ygAI

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I saw the slips and personally I cant make out what they say at all. Im not doubting you but I have a built trans and a 500hp tune and its hard to imagine before with a stock trans running anything close to those times. Like Chris said you must have the strongest factory build transmission ever assembled. I wish I had it. Please use a scanner to get those pictures on here. We need the proof.