Favorite New(er) singers?

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Well my list is huge as I keep a 160gb ipod in my truck and it is full. I am also a old school Rock guy.

but realy who that is new like a year or two old is good I have not seen or heard anything good in years from new bands.

Well I cant say that but I have yet to hear one with more then one good track.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Casey donahew band is the sh!t.. Saw them like 5 times this last summer.. New cd is badass..

Thats for sure..."next time" is my favorite song so far (it hits home for me)...but the whole album is badass. I'm going to have to travel to TX if I want to see them live though...

Fort Minor..

Linkin's Parks one hit wonder.. Now Chester came came out with his and it isn't doing so well either. Linkin Park should concentrate as a whole band.

Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Shinedown, Rev Theory, Hinder, Red, and Linkin park are a few of my favorites..

Yeah, Linkin Park was better, but I like some of Fort Minor's stuff.

Breaking Ben is basically a local band to me, they are originally from Williamsport PA, Shinedown is from Philly iirc, and Halestorm is from Dillsburg PA, they actually played at a local state park.

Other rock bands I listen to...Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Staind.

Dropkicks are a great band...I like the mix of Irish folk music and hard rock, (F)lannigan's Ball is probably my favorite.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Well my list is huge as I keep a 160gb ipod in my truck and it is full. I am also a old school Rock guy.

but realy who that is new like a year or two old is good I have not seen or heard anything good in years from new bands.

Well I cant say that but I have yet to hear one with more then one good track.

that is why I don't listen to Mainstream music... bands like Nickleback, Chris Daughtry etc... are so commericalized its sad. I listen to mostly Independent bands.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
I just checked out Vanna I Itunes, that stuff is freakin sweet,
I also like Viking Skull and a little Turbonegro, non mainstream stuff is the best. :)

x2...if you like vanna check out from autumn to ashes...sounds similar and they're really good too...

there's a few good mainstream bands though...i like killswitch and coheed

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
x2...if you like vanna check out from autumn to ashes...sounds similar and they're really good too...

there's a few good mainstream bands though...i like killswitch and coheed

coheed...forgot about them. Good stuff there.
Right now I'm listening to the new Alice In Chains quite a bit.

surprisingly good, considering I'd swore never to replace them after Staley died. I like the new stuff a lot.

BlackOpsDiesel

Nov 20, 2009
I am not really a big fan of any of the newer stuff coming out.. to me it keeps getting worse and worse... it peaked like a year or so ago and has just been going downhill since....

However, because of this fact I have been listening to more and more country and I used to hate country music with a passion....

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Im more non-mainstream, mostly punk-rock, hard rock, Alt, that kinda stuff.....You fellas that fit that catagory should listen to some Volbeat, pretty bad ass!

Others im diggin nowadays:
Hollywood Undead
Anberlin
Cavo
Fugazi
Social Distortion
Revered Horton Heat
Nonpoint
Senses Fail
The Black Maria
The Union Underground
Liam Lynch
Sick Puppies
Silverstien
Bad Religoin
Clutch
Burlak
....Just a tad of the crap on my phone, i have some bluetooth headphones i crank up and drowned it all out while i work:thumb:

Heres a couple of Volbeats best:thumb:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVXyPbBO_vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hVXyPbBO_vg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pV7aM32Jur8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pV7aM32Jur8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Usls5iDk-vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Usls5iDk-vk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Im more non-mainstream, mostly punk-rock, hard rock, Alt, that kinda stuff.....You fellas that fit that catagory should listen to some Volbeat, pretty bad ass!

Hollywood Undead
Anberlin
Cavo
Fugazi
Social Distortion
Revered Horton Heat
Nonpoint
Senses Fail
The Black Maria
The Union Underground
Liam Lynch
Sick Puppies
Silverstien
Bad Religoin
Clutch
Burlak
....Just a tad of the crap on my phone, i have some bluetooth headphones i crank up and drowned it all out while i work:thumb:

silverstein is quite good...ive seen them in concert twice

BlackOpsDiesel

Nov 20, 2009

Hollywood Undead
Anberlin
Cavo
Fugazi
Social Distortion

Revered Horton Heat
Nonpoint
Senses Fail
The Black Maria
The Union Underground
Liam Lynch
Sick Puppies
Silverstien
Bad Religoin
Clutch
Burlak

Now the highlighted ones.... thats some good schit... Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, NOFX, Face to Face, No Use for a Name, snapcase, etc... thats what I grew up listening to... some old school punk like the ramones and the sex pistols too... hells yeah:thumb: cant forget drowning pool and deftones, or disturbed, slipnot, etc

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Now the highlighted ones.... thats some good schit... Dropkick Murphys, Pennywise, NOFX, Face to Face, No Use for a Name, snapcase, etc... thats what I grew up listening to... some old school punk like the ramones and the sex pistols too... hells yeah:thumb: cant forget drowning pool and deftones, or disturbed, slipnot, etc

:thumb: Hell ya! Man I could go on for days on my fave music list! Good taste in music man!

Redbowtie, you lucky dog! That woulda been sweet! Theres a number of bands I like that i cant find jack squat on:mad: