Fastest single VGT

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The biggest problem I have with a Cummins is that it's wrapped in a dodge, er "Ram" truck, and backed up by one of the biggest POS transmissions ever. (68RFE).

Oh, and the fact it's made by Cummins.....

It may be capable of some impressive things when your talking about pushing the envelope to the extreme, with help of course from tons of aftermarket parts. But I've been around to many Cummins engines in everything from farm equipment, to class 8 trucks to ever want to own one of those giant red paper weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
They ever put an Allison behind the cummins, I'd own one. 5 link air ride rear, Allison, finally decent interiors and pricing that's hard to beat. Works for me! Lol

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Built 6.7> duramax built 48re> built Allison

Now talking strictly race truck 47/48re is the way to go. But a 1k hp and under daily driver the Allison is still nice.

Sorry but the duramax isn't even in the same ball park as the Cummins stuff anymore what lavon and others have done in the last 2 years is insane.

If i build another diesel it'll be a cummins :D. Though I'm Probably going back to the ls world :rolleyes:

You do realize that what lavon has is no where near reliable and has an astronomical price tag behind it. Other have done what they have done, just didn't compete in a all around contest with it. Pullers have been making more power for a lot longer than.l they have at a way higher reliable rate. As far as their trans, I'm not sure how good they really are. Two Duramax trucks around here have duraflite built by them and both have been raging piles of shit ever since. One of them actually talked to Evan about getting a reliable Allison trans built so he can make more then 1 pass at 1000hp. Duramax pullers and drag racers win events and set records all the time. They aren't on a different level, there are just more willing dump money in Cummins at the moment

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Built 6.7> duramax built 48re> built Allison

Now talking strictly race truck 47/48re is the way to go. But a 1k hp and under daily driver the Allison is still nice.

Sorry but the duramax isn't even in the same ball park as the Cummins stuff anymore what lavon and others have done in the last 2 years is insane.

If i build another diesel it'll be a cummins :D. Though I'm Probably going back to the ls world :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Did someone say progression??
c8879326f203923d967facabb8dd71ed.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
You do realize that what lavon has is no where near reliable and has an astronomical price tag behind it. Other have done what they have done, just didn't compete in a all around contest with it. Pullers have been making more power for a lot longer than.l they have at a way higher reliable rate. As far as their trans, I'm not sure how good they really are. Two Duramax trucks around here have duraflite built by them and both have been raging piles of shit ever since. One of them actually talked to Evan about getting a reliable Allison trans built so he can make more then 1 pass at 1000hp. Duramax pullers and drag racers win events and set records all the time. They aren't on a different level, there are just more willing dump money in Cummins at the moment

Couldn't agree more with this statement! Seen far more issues with them than good!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I just drive mine and don't care. It's worked out for a combined 330k. Get this LMM sold I'm going back to the grocery getter life.
That's what I did. Stock is almost as gay as Brian though......

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
idk why they can't make a pass at 1000hp. Literally one of my best friends built his 48re himself. Has made many 10sec passes and would be in the 9s if he'd buy a damn set of slicks. Truck made 1465 whp on the dyno not even a month ago. I don't want one in my dmax, but they work well in racing apps.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Oh Dmax>Cummins and Allison>48re:D that's my feelings on the matter. Just stating 48s do work very well in only racing apps:roflmao:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
idk why they can't make a pass at 1000hp. Literally one of my best friends built his 48re himself. Has made many 10sec passes and would be in the 9s if he'd buy a damn set of slicks. Truck made 1465 whp on the dyno not even a month ago. I don't want one in my dmax, but they work well in racing apps.

I'm not staying they can't be made to work good, I'm saying two local guys have their trans and neither have done much more than break since than. And if your buddy really is making 1465, he should way down in the 9's. Graves truck is around there, HP wise, running mid 9's @150 with an Allison.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'm not staying they can't be made to work good, I'm saying two local guys have their trans and neither have done much more than break since than. And if your buddy really is making 1465, he should way down in the 9's. Graves truck is around there, HP wise, running mid 9's @150 with an Allison.

He went 6.43 on 20s and 420s, so you tell me:D

6.76 after getting damn near side ways.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Well you are actually proving my point more about 48 vs Allison's. Mike's 7000# truck wen 6.27 with a 1.53 60'. So that 48 isn't working any better than the Allison is.

Because Evan built it! I don't want a 48 either. Only a Limitless Allison:thumb:

Last edited:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Sometimes the derails are more fun than the original topic.

I'm going go ahead a derail the shit out of this then!!! I'm hoping to get myself down to Mike's time range with my truck in two weeks at his event with my vgt/triples and a single pump on a Limitless Allison at 6K lbs! That's supposedly three things that aren't going to work to go fast but we shall see!:D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
We have a built 48 working very well in our cummins. It has Chevy parts inside so course it will work

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I'm going go ahead a derail the shit out of this then!!! I'm hoping to get myself down to Mike's time range with my truck in two weeks at his event with my vgt/triples and a single pump on a Limitless Allison at 6K lbs! That's supposedly three things that aren't going to work to go fast but we shall see!:D

I've got some plans of my own, I'll fill you in, in a little bit! It should be fun:coolspot: