F.A.S.S. or Air Dog

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I got the A.D with the older style mount, but I did not like how it looked originally so I bent the mount around so it was parallel with the frame and welded it inbetwwen the frame rail. It tucks everything up nicely which is nice if you off road your truck at all..

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
The posted picture is of the old style perpendicular mount. They now mount parallel to the frame the way many of us were modifying them to mount before. One line goes from the supplied draw straw to the pump, a return line goes from the pump back to the tank, and the outlet ties into the factory line behind the fuel cooler with a quick connect fitting. No cutting metal fuel lines and everything you need is included in the kit.

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
I have a question. I have the AD150 but haven't had the time to install yet. My question is do you NEED to install the draw straw for the AD to work? I'm a little leary of drilling a hole in my tank.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I have a question. I have the AD150 but haven't had the time to install yet. My question is do you NEED to install the draw straw for the AD to work? I'm a little leary of drilling a hole in my tank.

No, you do not have too but I did because I had the tank droped anyways so I figured why not? Just make sure you have the right bit so you can get a really snug fit if you decide to drill it. I also put grease on the bit to grab the smaller shavings and had a buddy hold the shop-vac near the bit sucking whatever material was coming out.. If you are dropping the tank also use a couple 2X4's to mimmic the straps so you can cut the pick up tube accordingly. Don't forget to cut some cross hatches in the bottom also.. Hope that makes sense to you, good luck...

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
We have hooked an AirDog 150 up to the factory pickup before. All you will need is a quick connect fitting. Truck cranked out 520hp and held rail pressure just fine on a single stock LMM CP3.

Last edited:

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
Thanks for the info.

We have hooked an AirDog 150 up to the factory pickup before. All you will need is a quick connect fitting. Truck cranked out 520hp and held rail pressure just fine on a single stock LMM CP3.

Could you help me out with more info on what type of fitting to get?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
I can make sure that PureFlow sends it out with the extra fitting and cover the cost (if any) of it for you. Then just give me a call while you are installing it and I will walk you through how to easily hook it up without dropping the tank or removing the bed. All you will need is a 1/2" fuel line removal tool which can be loaned from AutoZone last I checked.

Last edited:

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
Dustin, thanks for the offer of help. I already have the AD, just haven't had the time with work to install it. I'd really like to know how to install it without dropping the tank or lifting the bed.
BTW I'll be heading out your way next month. I'll be going to Durham for the second weekend in March.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
Sounds like a good time to get the trans built, sell the predator, and get a 530hp tune loaded on it, LOL. I'm about an hour and a half from Durham, if you have nothing to do on a weekend give me a call - we might be headed to the track or something. If you don't have it installed by the time you come out this way bring it with you and we'll get it put on.