F.A.S.S. or Air Dog

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I prefer the Air Dog my self, quieter, and I dont like the mounting location of the FASS.

Last edited:

Alligator

Nov 9, 2006
N. Idaho
i used the mount included in the kit and mounted it along the crossmember right in front of the tank but pump only no filters .

I have mine mounted on the tray above the driveshaft. Pump, no filters also. It's easier to mount them, but the FASS units are not as easy to relocate w/o good fabrication skills.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I have mine mounted on the tray above the driveshaft. Pump, no filters also. It's easier to mount them, but the FASS units are not as easy to relocate w/o good fabrication skills.

Alright cool so all id have to do is make a mounting plate that fits where i want it too and itll work. Or do you think the lines and everything wont work?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Can't speak for the FASS - IMO they are overpriced.

I personally have an AirDog and have installed many more. They now mount parallel to the frame (older ones hung out perpendicular) and can be mounted on either side of the frame rail. We usually mount them inside and they are tucked up out of the way nicely. They also come with a 1/2" supply tube/draw straw which you have to purchase serperate with the FASS. They are quiet, the truck draws fuel through fine with them turned off, and AirDog does include plenty of hose for you to mount it pretty far from the tank. I've used the left over to install PPE and other lift pumps and still have alot of left over line (from installing multiple AirDog kits). For $499 shipped you can't beat it IMO.

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Yup.

I love my Airdog from Chad @ Alligator!

Airdog10.jpg

SonicAudio

Jan 25, 2009
Texas
nice pic! I wAnt one SO BAD!!!! Ill be ordering mine next week the AD. You dont have more so that i can see what hose goes to what do ya? that pic is worth 1000 words of a install doc!