Extreme 4X4

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've looked online and can't find it,sorry. To bad as it was neat. To bad he missed his HP mark but he came close

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
I've looked online and can't find it,sorry. To bad as it was neat. To bad he missed his HP mark but he came close

That Dyno hated the torque! I dont believe an accurate sampling was ever taken at where the "peak" power should have been, but itll be there once its on the street! :D

Caleb

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That Dyno hated the torque! I dont believe an accurate sampling was ever taken at where the "peak" power should have been, but itll be there once its on the street! :D

Caleb

Nonetheless it was impressive. I merely mentioned the number only because that was the shoot for HP. There is no doubt that it could have been done or will be.

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
The parts on the table were close to 7000.00 .. In an earlier take, say 10 takes earlier, we talked about a short block price roughly 10-12k depending on options, but like I said.. 10 takes earlier. You don't really have much freedom or time to say things and when you (I) do it never comes out like you plan. 10 days of taping for 17 minutes.. and believe me, they do all the work. There is no build team behind the scenes. It's all done on the set.

Brayden

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Wow...that's pretty damn crazy what goes into filming that. I wasn't trying to make waves just didn't know how TV worked. I thought the fact that the show only let you say 7k was a bit off as yeah the parts on the table at that second were ~7k not all said and done ya know? Congrats nonetheless!

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
The dyno was a pain for sure.. It has to pull the engine down to xxxx rpm to begin the sweep and then it lets the load off gradually to allow it to rev up through the test window. Well.. Does anybody see a problem with a built motor heavily fueled truck with a VNT compound setup and load :) ? It just laughed at the dyno and wouldn't let it pull the rpm down to start the test.. It would just hold that rpm and fuel against the load. That first run made 85psi before we knew it.. I had no idea where the vane tables would need to be but we finally got it dialed in. I think if we could have controlled it better we could've made 1000hp easy but we just couldn't load it down low and control it. It was violent. It was pretty funny watching Mike Galley at the control's.. His hands were shaking after that first boot blew. "That thing is violent!" "You sure you want your head next to that turbo Ian?" :roflmao:

Overall a success in my book. 3rd gear boosted launch in the buggy should be fun. I want to try to flip it over like an RC car. Ian is up for it.

Stay tuned.

Brayden

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
The dyno was a pain for sure.. It has to pull the engine down to xxxx rpm to begin the sweep and then it lets the load off gradually to allow it to rev up through the test window. Well.. Does anybody see a problem with a built motor heavily fueled truck with a VNT compound setup and load :) ? It just laughed at the dyno and wouldn't let it pull the rpm down to start the test.. It would just hold that rpm and fuel against the load. That first run made 85psi before we knew it.. I had no idea where the vane tables would need to be but we finally got it dialed in. I think if we could have controlled it better we could've made 1000hp easy but we just couldn't load it down low and control it. It was violent. It was pretty funny watching Mike Galley at the control's.. His hands were shaking after that first boot blew. "That thing is violent!" "You sure you want your head next to that turbo Ian?" :roflmao:

Overall a success in my book. 3rd gear boosted launch in the buggy should be fun. I want to try to flip it over like an RC car. Ian is up for it.

Stay tuned.

Brayden

Thats pretty cool Brayden! If you think about it ....Gasser would be happy actually exstatic with that much HP!!

Did they approach you or visa versa? Its good to see exposure like this IMO and besides driving that Dodge to the filming you did a great job!!!!:D

dieseltwodoor

Apr 13, 2010
Alberta

Stay tuned.

Brayden

Damn!
Nice work you guys. Good to see someone other than gale banks on tv.