Exhaust idea need opinions

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
So I'm thinking of changing up my exhaust a little bit and being a little different. I've always liked how the new fords come with dual outs behind the RR tire. My question is. What would it take to do that with our trucks. Pipe wise? I have a magnaflow 4" straight pipe now. Just a y pipe and an extra tip? Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'm pretty sure that's just a dual tip

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
Yea they are just dial tips. I'm just wondering what all it would take to do the same to.ours with dual.5" tips. I have an idea. Just wanting to get others opinions

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Yea they are just dial tips. I'm just wondering what all it would take to do the same to.ours with dual.5" tips. I have an idea. Just wanting to get others opinions

:eek:
Dual 5's?

Cummins forum is <<< exit stage left, then thataway >>>

Dang man, that's a lot of real estate for an exhaust exit..
:rofl:

To each his own
:hug:

Are you a welder, man?
It wouldn't take much to fab up a dual tip for a guy that can weld, lay, blend (grind) a bead...
I wish I could weld!

I'd start with two pipes that have mandrel 90° ends
Overlay the bends at the ends until the distance you want between the tips is achieved, scribe a line, cut, weld the ends and weld a spacer to keep the distance the same, cut a slash cut mitre on both tips and cut a hole in the end and weld a slip colar end on there...

I personally would like to see a dual tip where the center walls were cut out and then have the length of the two pipes welded together top and bottom, to make one pipe with a dual tip profile...
If that makes sense

I'd probably use 3.5" pipe, but that's just me:hello:
I mean, that is 7" of total circumference/vloume;)

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
:eek:
Dual 5's?

Cummins forum is <<< exit stage left, then thataway >>>

Dang man, that's a lot of real estate for an exhaust exit..
:rofl:

To each his own
:hug:

Are you a welder, man?
It wouldn't take much to fab up a dual tip for a guy that can weld, lay, blend (grind) a bead...
I wish I could weld!

I'd start with two pipes that have mandrel 90° ends
Overlay the bends at the ends until the distance you want between the tips is achieved, scribe a line, cut, weld the ends and weld a spacer to keep the distance the same, cut a slash cut mitre on both tips and cut a hole in the end and weld a slip colar end on there...

I personally would like to see a dual tip where the center walls were cut out and then have the length of the two pipes welded together top and bottom, to make one pipe with a dual tip profile...
If that makes sense

I'd probably use 3.5" pipe, but that's just me:hello:
I mean, that is 7" of total circumference/vloume;)
haha yea yea I know it seems too "bro". Im just thinking of a way to do something different. Like something you don't see very often.

Actually I can weld. Did it for 5 years while in HS as a job. But sadly all my welding stuff is in Ohio. And well I'm stuck on fort Bliss with no.access to a welder.

I found y pipes that would go right on. But without physically being able to measure them and see if the 5s could sit side by side I don't wanna order one then be out $70 ya know?

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
Thanks I'll check it out. I a tip on eBay that does what I want I can't find it for a 4" inlet. Only 5". And I'd rather not buy a whole new exhaust for just the tips.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
If you call banks directly they should be able to sell you that split dual tail pipe.... If I recall correctly it's for their ford exhaust but its still just a 4" exhaust piece