Excuse me...Hello

N84inc

Aug 30, 2013
Bend, OR
Hey everybody! 29/M/OR here...oh wait, this isn't a personals add. lol. Anyways, I'm looking into picking up a Duramax next month, so I haven't joined the crowd JUST yet...but I figured if I want to know what I'm getting into, what better place right? I live in Oregon, but mostly work out in North Dakota. Ya, I'm a truck driver in the oilfields. So I'm looking for something that can be a getaway for the weekend pulling a 5th wheel, as well as something I can pull a semi out of a ditch with. You may laugh at the later, but I've done it before...with a dodge. :-/ Snow will also be involved, in BOTH locations. Looking to spend $10k cash. No financing, just want to be able to have it paid off and not have to worry. Prefer a Crew cab, but MIGHT be able to live with an extended cab. If you guys catch anything locally, I don't mind flying and picking it up as long as its a damn good deal and will be reliable. Yes, I know the injectors are some of the biggest issues. Anyways, feel free to ask any questions, time to see if this site will work on Tap-A-Talk app for Android.

Name is Adam btw. Some just call me Ginger, others just call me "The Beard" I hate shaving and don't have to look professional out here. :)

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Welcome to the forum :hello: I would check my local area for deals but it seems we are in the same city :roflmao:

N84inc

Aug 30, 2013
Bend, OR
Nice to see a local guy on here. Means that when something goes wrong, I can get in touch with you to make me feel like a n00b right? I'll fix your computer for ya! lol I've been hitting up Craigslist, as well as autotrader for whats around me. Got my eye on http://eugene.craigslist.org/ctd/3999371139.html currently. Only thing I'm not fond of is the long bed. But to each their own right? Guy says its got about 204k miles on it. Not TOO bad as long as it was maintained well.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
There's a truck in the garage sale section posted by Norcaldrifter. 04 cc gmc seirra. Looks like a pretty nice truck in pictures.

sent from a galaxy far far away

N84inc

Aug 30, 2013
Bend, OR
Thanks for the heads up 02grey, checking out his post now. I thought the garage sale section was for misc parts.

N84inc

Aug 30, 2013
Bend, OR
You find it online? Or were you just cruising by and see a for sale sign? I plan "scout" the area when I get back home next month. I will admit though, I will never buy one from here in ND. I know what they've been doing with those trucks ;-) Same thing I would be.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Best way other then craigslist is to just drive around and check out the used car lots. That's how I got mine. Dealership had a lot for there used cars and I picked up a 1 owner low mile truck is wicked good condition