Evan@Limitless and MikeL's springs

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you do a relearn, or over time as the allison learns the new shift timing does it mitigate the effect.

I am sure they are a great upgrade and I am only asking questions because as you know I have yet to have the privilege of personal experience.

I have shimmed the accumulator springs and the truck seemed to shift crisper but it went away. Or I got used to it. Sometimes you just cant tell.

Maybe the OP can add some info here as well because it sounds like he has some miles on them too.

The effect the springs have as far pressure coming on sooner will not be learned around. That's the point of the springs the shift quality is a benifit of the springs doing their job. Wide open throttle shifting is not changed with these springs.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
The effect the springs have as far pressure coming on sooner will not be learned around. That's the point of the springs the shift quality is a benifit of the springs doing their job. Wide open throttle shifting is not changed with these springs.

Ok sounds good. I hope to have the opportunity to check them out first hand. They really sound like a great upgrade.

BHoward6.6

West Coast
Feb 9, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you do a relearn, or over time as the allison learns the new shift timing does it mitigate the effect.

I am sure they are a great upgrade and I am only asking questions because as you know I have yet to have the privilege of personal experience.

I have shimmed the accumulator springs and the truck seemed to shift crisper but it went away. Or I got used to it. Sometimes you just cant tell.

Maybe the OP can add some info here as well because it sounds like he has some miles on them too.

I have about 180 hwy miles with lots of 6-5 and 5-6 shifts and about 75 city miles. Shifts just as nice now as it did when I left Evan's shop.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I have about 180 hwy miles with lots of 6-5 and 5-6 shifts and about 75 city miles. Shifts just as nice now as it did when I left Evan's shop.

I would think that would be plenty of driving for any learning that goes on. They sound like a great upgrade. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I am just curious, do you guys do a relearn on the trans after the spring install?
I would think it would be required but if you don't the effect may be more noticeable.
They are getting great reviews, as well as Limitless! (Now open Sundays!! LOL)

Great Job Evan

Why would you want to diverge the shifts? The shifts are already converged. We changed nothing except when the pressure rolls in.
The shift valve springs do something totally different.
Don't know why I am posting this as you claimed you know more than I do.
Figure it out.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Why would you want to diverge the shifts? The shifts are already converged. We changed nothing except when the pressure rolls in.
Figure it out.

Ok you are correct the relearn is more for the clutch volume fill (divergent). I was not specific in my question and I would like to thank you for correcting me.

Mike would resetting the adapts (convergent) have any effect on the feel of these springs in your opinion.

I was totally satisfied by Evan's and the op answers fwiw, but since the man that invented this technology has chimed in I would appreciate the opportunity to pick your brain.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. I also apologize if my technical vocabulary is not as accurate as you may prefer.

Last edited:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Ok you are correct the relearn is more for the clutch volume fill (divergent). I was not specific in my question and I would like to thank you for correcting me.

Mike would resetting the adapts (convergent) have any effect on the feel of these springs in your opinion.

I was totally satisfied by Evan's and the op answers fwiw, but since the man that invented this technology has chimed in I would appreciate the opportunity to pick your brain.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. I also apologize if my technical vocabulary is not as accurate as you may prefer.

You really don't know much about this, do you? Do you know exactly how the Transgo works?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You really don't know much about this, do you? Do you know exactly how the Transgo works?

9e509edf33222c2a64490e3998a4c3d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Figure it out.

:popcorn:
Oh shnap!

:bow:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Evan, you sure are getting a lot of good press lately. Congrats! Thats the way to run a successful business -- customer satisfaction. :)

Evan deserves this recognition. He is one of the sharpest guys I have run into; bar none. Can't wait to meet him in person.:D

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland

It allows the a and b trim valves to exhaust fluid more rapidly when trimming on clutches.
It will also have the greatest advantage to clutch apply pressure on the c3 and c4 clutch packs as they are not locked on by main line pressure (without the kit) as in the case of the c1 and c2 clutch pack. After the kit is installed the pressure to the c3/c4 is raised substantial.

I was under the assumption that the springs you are using increase the diverted flow to main line and also exhaust the fluid at a more rapid rate than the springs in the transgo kit. Are you adding a spring to the inner trim valve as well Mike?

I edited this a few times in hopes you could not find a way to twist this around so that you can call me derogatory names and be disrespectful.
I would ask that you please take my answer and make any corrections in a respectful way. There may be other readers that are very interested in the technical application of the springs and why they are so effective.

The hostility you have showed is why I asked Evan the Question and not you in the thread concerning this product. I really was trying to avoid this Mike.

Last edited: