engine question

buckmasterjr

Dec 18, 2010
southern utah
hey folks

I got a question for you i just recently had my truck in to the dealer and got two new injectors on a 07 lbz and they say that my #4 has low compression so i probably have a cracked piston from stacked chips and what not.

my question is can you change a piston with out pulling the motor just to get it running while i build another motor to swap into it or do i need to pulll the motor and be down for awhile while i earn and build the other motor

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
how low is the compreesion?

your far better to pull the motor then even trying to mess around

better get building!

Bryce418

Still slow
Oct 5, 2009
Like Simon said how bad is the compression. If it's just under 300ish it may be a bent rod. If it's much under 300 it's probably a hole in the piston and I have yet to see one not tear up the cylinder enough to at least need an overbore or sleeve.

buckmasterjr

Dec 18, 2010
southern utah
ok so you would get rods and what kind of pistons ( cut coated )

this is going to be a daily driver trailer puller but i want it to haul when i want to play tooo esp (with the fords and dodges) just like fast is all i guess

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
if the budgets tight just do rods and stock lly/lb7 pistons and maybe headstuds and key the oil pump and cam pulley

buckmasterjr

Dec 18, 2010
southern utah
you see thats the thing money comes it just takes time if i build i want to build it right so i dont have to again i would love twin cps and twin turbos some day but i want the truck to last awhile to i dont do sled pulling as of now maybe later and just street drags and playing but i do pull trailers and stuff but im sure the more i do the more i want to dyno and race and stuff just not sure i have money and time right now