LBZ: Engine build/questions

PaIronHead

Hammer down
Dec 17, 2015
Erie county PA
Ok guys this is my first duramax bottom end build so bare with me.

Engine is going in the truck in my sig.
I'm using an lbz block with a new lml crank, Socal billet mains/studs,Carrillo rods, fingers Pistons, Socal 6480 af, with a 16:1 compression ratio. It will be externally balanced.

Now my questions are what flex plate should I use? Billet or one from BD? Also should it be one for an lml or lbz? Same goes for the balancer lml or lbz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaIronHead

Hammer down
Dec 17, 2015
Erie county PA
Only pic I have right now.

4d826b1c6a0ccc154bf5a20583f74f50.jpg

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Lb7 balancer and billet flexplate

Tone72885

Feb 24, 2011
Following, I have the same parts list except for the billet mains. What about a socal flex plate and ATI balancer? Which would you use with a LML crank in an LBZ block?

caseih03

Dec 12, 2016
Only pic I have right now.

4d826b1c6a0ccc154bf5a20583f74f50.jpg

Man.. I miss making those cranks, so tough and can take a beating. Sucks we had to switch with the L5P crank. Boo......

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Man.. I miss making those cranks, so tough and can take a beating. Sucks we had to switch with the L5P crank. Boo......

Umm what? Hope your kidding, I was thinking about having my crank blessed before I wrap it in pillows and bubble gum for install... hoping the l5p crank lives up to the hype, it looks like it should.

PaIronHead

Hammer down
Dec 17, 2015
Erie county PA
They will probably still end up snapping like the rest. 17 years isn't enough to to solve a problem like that :rofl

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Dhd sent an emotional out today 10% off Lml cranks. With keyway installed.. they are new cranks not reman

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Dhd sent an emotional out today 10% off Lml cranks. With keyway installed.. they are new cranks not reman
Just looked at it & don't see new mentioned
I'm not trying to start an argument over new or used
I would hope that it is a new used crank

The stock Duramax uses a dowel pin on the crankshaft and it is common to see high mileage or high horsepower engines with damaged or sheared dowel pins. DHD offers the best solution for that problem by selling our customers an upgraded crankshaft that will last for many years to come. Our machine shop has modified and added a keyway to each of these crankshafts for added shear strength over the stock dowel pin.