Electric booster pump Instead of trans build

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You need to step out of this one. It's over your head.
:roflmao:
Most things are Mike, most things are...:hug:
Well, I'm not sayin his idea is gonna work, is good, bad or otherwise...
Ok mike:rolleyes:

I respect you as a professional, your input and what you've accomplished, what you stand for...etc, and I'd probably believe just about anything you said regarding anything transmissions:thumb:

So, Just for the grins and giggles...
Correct me then, please...

wouldn't you agree that if he tested his idea in a fish-tank using water as the test medium, his results wouldn't be nearly as accurate as they would be using trans fluid or similar, since that's the fluid the system he's implementing will be moving, it only makes sense that a "data test" should use the same type of, if not the exact same fluid, as the fluid that will be used for the end product? Right?

That's all if was trying to say, I'll step out now:eek:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
:roflmao:
Most things are Mike, most things are...:hug:
Well, I'm not sayin his idea is gonna work, is good, bad or otherwise...
Ok mike:rolleyes:

I respect you as a professional, your input and what you've accomplished, what you stand for...etc, and I'd probably believe just about anything you said regarding anything transmissions:thumb:

So, Just for the grins and giggles...
Correct me then, please...

wouldn't you agree that if he tested his idea in a fish-tank using water as the test medium, his results wouldn't be nearly as accurate as they would be using trans fluid or similar, since that's the fluid the system he's implementing will be moving, it only makes sense that a "data test" should use the same type of, if not the exact same fluid, as the fluid that will be used for the end product? Right?

That's all if was trying to say, I'll step out now:eek:

You are at the same intelligence level as JK. You both like reading your own posts and want a high five after you read them.
CoCo, you need to get out of this. Your last post sounded like a 5th grader.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
You are at the same intelligence level as JK. You both like reading your own posts and want a high five after you read them.

Thank you. I put this guy on my ignore list awhile back. He is worse that that jokergm clown. :mad:

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007

How is it we agree on everything all the sudden? :confused::D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

Hey JK.....:hi5:
Nice post buddy :roflmao:
I watch "are you smarter than a 5th grader", and I've won at least twice...:rofl:

I find it most fascinating that you'll jump to insults before at least skimming over why what I posted was "unintelligible" most times that's a direct result of not knowing how to answer....but I know that's not the case with you, or is it?

Mike, I'm sorry your professionalism stops with your work, and before words leave your lips or fingers pound the keys...trying to berate my intelligence in an overbearing and Neanderthal manner, is just....sad...really, you're better than that, albeit seemingly too lazy to show it

I do respect your work and experience with the Allison and duramax, that's about it, so maybe think about that the next time you make a response to me...cuz I could care less about your ignorance.

I do believe you're giving 5th graders a lil more credibility than is legitimately warranted....;)

Woohoo....
What a post...:hi5: myself

And Mike....:1bird:

Last edited:

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Years back I was kind of thinking of the opposite idea to make a "variable line pressure" allison.

What my idea was, was to shim the main regulator way up (so yeah you have to take the trans out)...but then have a PWM variable-bleed solenoid on the pressure tap...then control the duty cycle of that solenoid based on throttle %. Lower throttle % and the solenoid would bleed off more to sump, thus lowering pressure....I think?

Sort of like the LML setup. Low pressure in cruise for lower temps, but could instantly ramp up pressure when throttle % goes above a certain point.

More trouble than its worth, and probably pointless, but it was just something that came to mind.

Yes I was going to shim the main way up hydraulicaly. Through the line pressure port.
Then bleed it off at the shim. (Pump in pan)

The g solenoid control circuit being used is a long shot I kbow.

I am just thinking out loud on the forum.
Thanks for the input Ben.