EGT wire lead.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
cant tell if they are different metals or not. one wire is yellow one is red. metal looks the same in both wires.

Go here and order PR-K-24-25 in the part number builder at the bottom of the page for ~$17 plus shipping. The color codes will match and 25' of wire should be enough. It is el-cheapo wire, but your splice will be outside of the engine compartment, so it should work well.

Remember, red to red, yellow to yellow. :)

Last edited:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
I dont need any wire, but thanks.

i have the egt probe from banks 6 gun installed. before i bought the snow kit I ask both banks and snow (on my truck 'snowbanks') if i could run both of their moniters off the same egt probe. both companies said yes it will work. and it did. brought the engine up to temp, attached the 2nd moniter, and all is good. cruising on the eway both egt moniters read about the same, although the snow seems to change faster. and both moniters read about the same as when it was solo moniter.

so i didnt install the 2nd egt probe, tossed it on the shelf....

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I dont need any wire, but thanks.

i have the egt probe from banks 6 gun installed. before i bought the snow kit I ask both banks and snow (on my truck 'snowbanks') if i could run both of their moniters off the same egt probe. both companies said yes it will work. and it did. brought the engine up to temp, attached the 2nd moniter, and all is good. cruising on the eway both egt moniters read about the same, although the snow seems to change faster. and both moniters read about the same as when it was solo moniter.

so i didnt install the 2nd egt probe, tossed it on the shelf....

The thing you have to watch out for is grounded Thermocouples. Some gauges, SPA comes to mind, can't handle a grounded probe.

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
The thing you have to watch out for is grounded Thermocouples. Some gauges, SPA comes to mind, can't handle a grounded probe.

Thanks for all the info fingers - seriously great stuff!

If you're going to ever log it in EFILive don't get the grounded connector... efi won't do anything with 'em. Just FYI

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Hey Big Block, I just saw this thread,

I have a brand new never used thermocouple from EDGE that you can have free if you want it.

just let me know.