EGT Probe Problems

Kilowatt39

Diesel Addict
May 10, 2016
SoCal
I have an expandable one on my LLY and it was reading 2000° last week and 100° this week. Changing it out soon. It's been in for about 3 years or so.

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
had a non expandable on an cts insight with no issues for a year. upgraded to a cts 2 and expandable unit and have interminite problems now where it will read low and then peg 2k. ive heard bad engine ground and other various possible causes but id like to just find a high quality probe i can splice. there has to be something

also does anyone know who make the 0-100 psi eas pressure sensor for boost? id like a second one for air bag pressure but know its just a simple sensor that i can find at napa.

D_R_C

Retired
Oct 31, 2011
Rocky Top, USA
had a non expandable on an cts insight with no issues for a year. upgraded to a cts 2 and expandable unit and have interminite problems now where it will read low and then peg 2k. ive heard bad engine ground and other various possible causes but id like to just find a high quality probe i can splice. there has to be something

also does anyone know who make the 0-100 psi eas pressure sensor for boost? id like a second one for air bag pressure but know its just a simple sensor that i can find at napa.

Older thread, but Edge makes all the sensors your looking for, NAPA's won't connect to the Edge expandable, at least it won't be easy.

I'm not sure about the Edge expandable probe, but the trick to solve the Edge non expandable probe issues is to get the little black box that's inbetween the steel probe cable and the black wire cable inside the cab away from the engines compartment heat.
My probes been in 4 years, the first one lasted 2 weeks, I questioned Edge on this they didn't think the heat on the black box would be a issue, I disagreed and it's no longer a problem.