egr valve?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
The advanced search will help you. However, in my opinion removing or blocking the egr function is a win, win scenario. 1 st when the egr valve is open it diverts gasses away from driving the turbo= slight loss in power, idk how much, but the loss is there. 2nd those hot gasses go thru a cooler, then get dumped into the clean and cooled air charge just before the air charge hits the y bridge. Does that sound bad to you? Imagine all the soot coating the intake path, intake runners, then consider the pcv venting oily gasses into the turbo and later in the intake path getting mixed with the soot from the exhaust gasses diverted from the egr, and you got yourself a real mess. The only downside (IMO) ish that you no longer will be emissions compliant. I noticed a slight improvement in how fast the stock charger spooled after a full delete on my LBZ. Smart people please correct me if i am wrong here, as i do not wish to mis inform anyone. I did not notice a gain in fuel economy with this mod. Just fyi, but fuel economy has never been my friend.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I estimate on a stock turbo truck the loss is about 35 or so HP on a max effort built trans tune. You will spool quicker and run cleaner with the EGR blocked.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I've not heard but there should be one by now. You'll need a programer that will block the codes though. The H&S you have should do this?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I've not heard but there should be one by now. You'll need a programer that will block the codes though. The H&S you have should do this?

I know the xrp pro does shut off codes I dont want to be deleting codes everytime I start the truck though. I wonder if it has a option to turn it off

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Blockers are nice if you ever plan to sell it(the truck)or have to pass emissions, as you can just remove the plate to return it to stock. If you ever plan to twin the truck the egr will be removed at that time anyways so keep that in mind. Either way it sounds like its time to get an efi live tune, your efi live proffesional can turn off the egr sensor for you.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Blockers are nice if you ever plan to sell it(the truck)or have to pass emissions, as you can just remove the plate to return it to stock. If you ever plan to twin the truck the egr will be removed at that time anyways so keep that in mind. Either way it sounds like its time to get an efi live tune, your efi live proffesional can turn off the egr sensor for you.

If only I could get EFI on my LML