LMM: EGR delete-mid install-NEED HELP with fitment DP/UP

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
You need to take into account how the exhaust system is designed to expand in a linear fashion when heat is introduced, carry the weight of the system on the hangers and move with expansion, the engine mounts which are rubber, and ride with the flex of the frame, without a strap it will tug on the downpipe/turbo connection, cant deny that.

Will it break the weld on the downpipe near the turbocharger, stretch the clamp, you won't know till you remove the downpipe. Will it cause any issues on mine, never, it was obvious the tab would break off so I strapped it.

From what I have read the "tab" was eliminated by most suppliers/manufacturers because they broke off. Of course the 3/16-1/4 thick steel tab will break off welded to what a 14 gauge pipe..DUH.....

The suppliers/manufacturers have gotten us used to accepting cheap parts, just the way it is....:thumb:

Two reasons why I installed a strap, if you're not using a muffler you're probably OK..
=

=
=

=
=
=

Maybe he has MA motor mounts, they stiffen up everything....

;)

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Maybe he has MA motor mounts, they stiffen up everything....

;)

You never drove my truck, the differences between the 2x4 and 4x4 are quite substantial, but hey you never bothered to read or look. I do have plenty of pictures to show that the mounts do what I said on the 2x4 trucks, maybe you should actually LOOK under a 2x4 and a 4x4 truck, naw that might require you to think or actually do something.

Maybe you should go back to Dieselplace, Thomas, where the old fuddy duddies are....:rofl:

I would hate to see the piss poor mess of parts you install, maybe you should get outside the box and you might see you're in a box...:rofl:

Her you go Thomas, IF you're so smart prove me wrong I even posted the link for you to do so..

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71794

Last edited:

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
For a guy with "elephant" in his name you sure have some thin skin. Did you see the ;) ???

It was a joke, apparently that's beyond what you're capable of comprehending. :thumb: