efi=street mod

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Well I went to the Ceres css pull this saturday and teck my truck in to work stock when I got there . About. 45 miniuts later they desided to put me up one class reason being is I used efi on my truck which puts me at an advantage. Has this happened to any one befor. I think this is a bunch of bs. They determin you truck class by the amount of smoak you put out ??

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
The "competition" wanted to outlaw EFI in one local pulling organization this year...it never went farther than a "want".
Stock class is defined as no smoke after the 75' mark.

One Haisley guy I talked to at Schied's this past year was bitching about the EFI tuned dmaxs...until he asked what I drive :D

Its a thorn in the side of the competition for sure...bumping you to mod class for that reason alone, is stupid.
I mean what does SCT do...or a Smarty for that matter?

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I think your sig should put you in the street mod class. Built trans, EFI, Water Meth, traction bars. Thats all "Street Mod" stuff IMO.

Tpo12782- your on a stock trans/converter and stock tires, so there is a difference. Even if you can make it smoke like a built twin CP3 truck.

Last edited:

SIK LMM

Diesel Retard
Nov 26, 2008
CEN CAL
I pull with stock tires:D, stock turbo, fuel pump and EFI Tune. My pull tune is around 500 hp and I have no traction:mad:. Like I told the guy, I"m here just for fun if you want I can pull on the extreme class.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I think your sig should put you in the street mod class. Built trans, EFI, Water Meth, traction bars. Thats all "Street Mod" stuff IMO.

Tpo12782- your on a stock trans/converter and stock tires, so there is a difference. Even if you can make it smoke like a built twin CP3 truck.

I took the water out

Last edited:

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I hope I'm not cuming across as biching that is the last thing I would do I'm very ease going. I did ererything to my truck according to there ruls, drive 2 hours only to be told I'm wrong. Its ok time for a new turbo :D

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I thought most classes were determined by turbo size. That's kinda lame they bumped you because you smoke. What about the 12 valve P-pump dodges with a ground fuel plate that smoke like a locomotive? Do they get bumped too?

Tcolesanti

Big single chargers rock!
Feb 19, 2007
simi valley, ca
You guys have to understand Mike at L&L does his best to keep the classes fair. The problem is he is not very knowledgable when it comes to the diesels, I mean come on he's a hard core 6000lb super stock guy. Their idea of stock means just that, BONE STOCK. If they dropped it for this year, I think that is best, there are so few trucks that fit that catagory and actually show up to pull, its not even worth running that class. And to answer the other questions about a dodge getting bumped because of smoke, yes it happens, its not a bias organization by any means.

-Tom