Efi live?

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
So I still haven't committed to what I want for a tune. I have a superchip which I can def tell gives me power but it sounds like from what I have read it is a low point in tunes. I see everyone always recommends getting efi. Do u completely do ur own tunes with that? What exactly do you get or get to do with it? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just can't seem to get all my answered out in the search bar.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Also I don't want to dump a bunch of money into my pickup at this moment. So I don't know if this efi live business would be for me. It's my go out occasionally and get me to work in a snowstorm vehicle. I don't like putting miles on it but when I do I like to have fun I guess. Low mile lbz's are hard to come by so I'm trying to keep it that way :p so I'm trying to make it last awhile too.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
So I still haven't committed to what I want for a tune. I have a superchip which I can def tell gives me power but it sounds like from what I have read it is a low point in tunes. I see everyone always recommends getting efi. Do u completely do ur own tunes with that? What exactly do you get or get to do with it? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just can't seem to get all my answered out in the search bar.

You can do totally your own tunes from scratch if you want! However, if you don't want to spend all the time developing a tune, your best bet would be to get an Auto Cal preloaded with tunes from Adrenaline Truck Performance or Danville Performance.

Jordan91

Nov 30, 2015
Flandreau, sd
Is the auto cal just something that can load the tunes onto my pickup? How much effort goes into learning how to properly tune a vehicle? Also is it just for diesels?

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
A lot of effort and may I say hundreds of hours, to get a tune like those guys will give you! To get more info go to www.atptrucks.com and at the far right of the top bar click on EFI Live FAQS tab. The V2 and AutoCal are the devices that act as an Access Port to go from your computer to the Vehicle. EFI Live is not limited to Diesel only, it will support tuning for Most 2001+ GM Vehicles, there are exceptions, and 06+ Dodge Cummins. For more info on what all it will support, go to www.efilive.com >Support>Supported Vehicles or >Support>Documentation/Tutorials>EFILive AutoCal Info for End Users
Is the auto cal just something that can load the tunes onto my pickup? How much effort goes into learning how to properly tune a vehicle? Also is it just for diesels?

Last edited: