Efi live with edge juice?

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
So I just got my efi live ( big thanks to Dustin and everyone at ATP). Well I installed my efi and forgot to unplug my edge. So I turned it to zero. Seems to b driving fine. I've heard it still adds timing but do you think I'll have any problems. Thanks guys

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Do u think it will blow up my engine. And I need the edge to clear a code it throws wherever time u crank it up. It's the intake air temp. The wire to the heater got broke

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Idk to me it's seems like it runs good I'm gone leave it on level 0 of course. Just dnt want it to blow my shit up.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Idk to me it's seems like it runs good I'm gone leave it on level 0 of course. Just dnt want it to blow my shit up.
I used the edge for only the gauges part of it and left it on 0 for a couple years till i got real gauges that are more accurate,youll be fine just do not turn the edge up with the efi live then your on thin ice depending on what your doing drag racing pulling a trailer whatever.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Yea I'm just using it just for the gauges too for now. Is there any way to cut off the intake air heater?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Yea I'm just using it just for the gauges too for now. Is there any way to cut off the intake air heater?
Let Dustin know and he can shut off the ecl for that particular code i believe then reload the efi and your set.also go get a 98 dodge cummins oil plug and pull the intake air heater out and screw the plug right in that dam thing blocks a good amount of air fow in your y bridge.Theres a couple threads on here about it if you do a search.make sure you disconect the edge before you down load the efi or if you upoad it for that matter it can wipe your edge clean and you cant get it back.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Let Dustin know and he can shut off the ecl for that particular code i believe then reload the efi and your set.also go get a 98 dodge cummins oil plug and pull the intake air heater out and screw the plug right in that dam thing blocks a good amount of air fow in your y bridge.Theres a couple threads on here about it if you do a search.make sure you disconect the edge before you down load the efi or if you upoad it for that matter it can wipe your edge clean and you cant get it back.

His truck is not a LB7 not the same plug. This is a IAT sensor I would replace this one it helps the ECM with tuning.

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Oh and ripmf666 the exhaust w a 7" tip and vains open on idle sounds bad ass thanks man. I'll b gettin more stuff from yal. Very pleased w the service. But the flow pro only had like 2-3 hangers lined up so I have to do some fabrication on it but hey I'm happy w it