Efi live start up help

Extended-lbz

Oct 2, 2014
I have a 01 lb7 truck with some issues, I am pretty sure most of it leading back to the 01 OS thats in the truck and I would like to flash to a 02 OS. Im not looking to purchase any tunes more so asking for advice which would be the best option to go with. So a v2 is the only way to flash/ adjust tunes with efilive, correct? I need a efi package that will allow me to make my own tune and flash the truck, with the ability to make adjustments, datalog, diagnose ect. Everything I am seeing online is preloaded with custom tunes and Im not in that market right now! What do you guys suggest? Just see if the dealer will update the os (ones I talked to gave me a hard time), or purchase a v2 with efi live, and if so who sells a package without custom tunes?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
What do you think the issue with the OS is? You shouldn't see an issue unless using an 03+ OS in an 01/02 truck. And even then, you will only have an issue with fuel level, oil psi & A/C

Extended-lbz

Oct 2, 2014
What do you think the issue with the OS is? You shouldn't see an issue unless using an 03+ OS in an 01/02 truck. And even then, you will only have an issue with fuel level, oil psi & A/C
I am getting power reduce and p0093 when loaded and has been this way since I bought the truck 2 years ago. I have recently started getting this code empty and all hard parts check out, new lds injectors, fuel lines, hellmans sump, fprv, actual vs des frp following within 1k. I spoke with a few guys including kennedy diesel and have heard the ecm can become corrupt and that some of the 01 OS have posed these issues for others as well. Was hoping to try a full reflash on my ecm or buy another lb7 to play with. I also randomly get the security light on the dic. Truck just randomly does some wierd things and im almost certain its ecm related

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If you have ANY 01 OS besides the 8594 I believe it is, then the P0093 code can pop for no reason. I was only running maybe a 100HP tune with the latest 01 OS in a DSP2 setup in mine, and had HORRIBLE issues GALORE with it. No codes, but it would randomnly defuel, then POUR black smoke out easing into it, dieseling for no reason out of nowhere, and so on and so on. Switched to a 6006 OS, and no more issues running basically an IDENTICAL tune. 01 OS's are pretty much in a class of there own for tuning, and is why most avoid them. If you want to run an EDGE to switch tunes, then you need to run an 02 4441 OS, otherwise go to the 6006 02 OS as it is setup with most all the same tables as the 03-04 LB7, and works very well IMO. As to buying a V2, I'm sure SOCAL and most any tuner can set you up with just a V2 without any tunes in it. Hardly anybody does there own tuning anymore, so most vendors don't list them seperately.

Extended-lbz

Oct 2, 2014
If you have ANY 01 OS besides the 8594 I believe it is, then the P0093 code can pop for no reason. I was only running maybe a 100HP tune with the latest 01 OS in a DSP2 setup in mine, and had HORRIBLE issues GALORE with it. No codes, but it would randomnly defuel, then POUR black smoke out easing into it, dieseling for no reason out of nowhere, and so on and so on. Switched to a 6006 OS, and no more issues running basically an IDENTICAL tune. 01 OS's are pretty much in a class of there own for tuning, and is why most avoid them. If you want to run an EDGE to switch tunes, then you need to run an 02 4441 OS, otherwise go to the 6006 02 OS as it is setup with most all the same tables as the 03-04 LB7, and works very well IMO. As to buying a V2, I'm sure SOCAL and most any tuner can set you up with just a V2 without any tunes in it. Hardly anybody does there own tuning anymore, so most vendors don't list them seperately.
Would the v2 be the easiest way to go about this incase I had to alter some parameters? I dont really trust a dealership to flash in a "update". Some dealerships said they won't even miss with it so I feel efi live is my only option. And I would rather flash in a new OS myself and make sure it works correctly before paying for someones tunes.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If all else fails, could he just purchase a Flashscan V2 directly from the efilive site?

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Put up your location. Someone local might help. I've used my v2 to put in tunes for free for locals for years.

Extended-lbz

Oct 2, 2014
Im currently in Toyah, TX with the truck for work. Near odessa/ midland. Will be commuting back home to Lindley, NY within the next few weeks. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as driving 26hrs with a scan tool plugged in constantly clearing a 0093 code gets VERY ANNOYING lol

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Im currently in Toyah, TX with the truck for work. Near odessa/ midland. Will be commuting back home to Lindley, NY within the next few weeks. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as driving 26hrs with a scan tool plugged in constantly clearing a 0093 code gets VERY ANNOYING lol

Get ahold of Aaron over at all in trucks. Seminole tx.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
You are welcome to detour to NJ heading home, but I hope you find a more local solution. Lol