EFI Live on 2 in 1 laptop?

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Just got a new 2 in 1 Toshiba satellite running windows 10. Tried installing efi live and get messages about not finding the semaphone control for efi live and it wont recognize my v2, keeps saying device not detected. But i transferred tuning files from my email to this and i can open them up.

Has it been so long since i had to reinstall the software or is this 2 in 1 computer going back to best buy ?

also my v2 was updated back in may on my other laptop before it died on me, so the firmware should be good. And yes i did try to search before posting this, if i overlooked a thread or a post forgive me.

Thanks

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
EFI has had some problems with 3.0 USB ports, check you laptop, the 3.0 USB ports have a blue tab and the 2.0 ports have a black tab. My Toshiba laptop has both so try the 2.0 ports...

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I'm using a toshiba satellite 2 in 1 with Windows 10. I didn't have any problems downloading software for it. As far as your lap top not communicating with your v2, Did you install the drivers off the efi website? I think they are supposed to install with the v8 software but I've had problems with them not installing before and I had to install them separately.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I did download straight from Efi live website, maybe the drivers didn't down load with it. I'll go back and re check thanks for the heads up

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
I need to update my firmware bUT when I try to it puts my v2 into Deadpole and the program stops responding. Iv downloaded and Uninstalled all I can and re done it

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Hmm have you emailed efilive support? Or call rob at atp trucks. Most efi tuners on a corporate level can probly help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Never did get this resolved. Even after working with Cindy at Efi live. They were very helpful, just nothing worked . Still says no device connected when I try to update firmware no matter the usb port I try

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Iv done everything but restore the whole computer. I have uninstalled all drivers and program and re downloaded 4 times

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
How did you go disabling the xHCI settings in the BIOS.

Our developer believes that the FTDI drivers don't play well with xHCI settings in the BIOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not good. I finally got my computer bios up and I couldn't find a single thing that would let me change usb configuration settings. And yes I'm running as administrator. What your telling me makes sense and I know what I need to do, I just cant find the option. But I just got in from the shop and I'm about to start trying to look for it again