Efi live for lbz

Eric h

Jun 19, 2014
Have a 06 lbz duramax has edge juice with additude with hot unlock it use to run good now runs like shit no extra fuel24 pounds of boost. I want to get rid of the edge it's a pile. Who has a good tune? And not kory willis.....

JDT4430

Jul 29, 2014
Another vote for robs tuning. I'm running his in my truck and my dads truck and couldnt be happeir. Had edge evolution race before. Will be getting his tunes for my 06 as well once its running again.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Pretty dangerous subject matter right here...

I'd say to make calls to the tuners directly, pick their brain and see who you think answers your questions with the most thorough answers...and read through the guys selling a sales pitch.

Tuning is a difficult thing to gauge off the forums due to a number of guys having only tried one tuner and saying it's so great cuz the truck is more powerful, other guys are racers and aren't going to be giving an apples to apples comparison to guys needing stock truck tuning...and others have just had a "chip" like an Edge and then switch to EFI-Live tuning and think that it's the tuner that's so great when it's really the tuning platform and there's potentially a better tuner out there...one of the biggest discrepancies about tuning is simply a matter of taste, what you want isn't necessarily what I want, or Joe Blow and Adam Ant want....

I personally don't like a specific tuner's tuning that many people do, I wouldn't suggest their tuning but because so many are happy with them, why would I go against the tide...

I've now had tuning from 4 sources, I can say that they were all slightly different and I liked one in particular but they all made similar peak power, just in a different RPM.

I've had tuning that bit down hard down low, some hit hard higher up in the RPM one seemed a little flat but still moved out pretty good, and Another was super laggy and lit late and hit like a brick to the head...again it comes down to preference...and when your reading feedback realize that not everyone has had the opportunity to sample several EFI-Live options

I know that's a cheesy answer, but that's the least offensive answer I can muster.

There's only a few tuners that I'd say are great, you got about 3 to choose from...however you shouldn't be disappointed with tuning from just about anyone selling EFI-L tuning for a stock truck

:angel:

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
I have a ATP auto cal id sell ya:thumb:. I run robs tunes and no complaints. I find its all about customer service at the first call you make. U could call 4 different tuners and the one that has the best customer service out of all 4 you'll choose. I called the "top" 4 and ATP hands down took care of me. Gave me a gd deal and took care of me after words. But I know there are alot of gd tuners. I'd make some calls let them know yr situation and what they can do.

I had my tunes over nighted and to me in 3 days.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Granted, an edge is a beginner-level box, but ever think that maybe its not the real problem? You may have some other hard-part issue going on that different tuning wont fix.

What exactly is happening with your truck? Any other mods on it? Any codes being shown?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Granted, an edge is a beginner-level box, but ever think that maybe its not the real problem? You may have some other hard-part issue going on that different tuning wont fix.

What exactly is happening with your truck? Any other mods on it? Any codes being shown?

Lol, I was thinking the same thing Tom, I just figured that was a whole other can of worms..."what's the best tune/who's the best tuner" is such a trigger topic to begin with :)

I wonder when the fuel filter was last changed, if there's a lift pump on the truck at all, if the CP3 is operating at full tilt and what the balance and return rates are....maybe it's the flux capacitor???
;)

Eric h

Jun 19, 2014
No lift pump yet just a shift kit and exhaust/intake. No codes truck runs good with out the programmer 23 pounds of boost it's just like the tuner isn't working properly.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL

Quite a few EDGE juice with attitude's have failed, so if it runs good without it and no codes, I would be inclined to say his box died. As for who's tunes to run, there are alot of good tuners out there. I would say keep away from the lesser known shops, and go with a big name reputeable shop for tuning. Nothing against the lesser known tuners(I'm one of them), but many of them are doing nothing more than reselling other people's worko r hack tunes that can kill your engine or trans.