efi live $0537

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
I am trying to read my truck for first time use and I am getting this error $0537. My buddy putthe clean 100hp tune on my truck about 6 months ago. Am I getting this code because of that? How do I fix?

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
Just looked, it's an 03, sorry I didn't look before. $0537 means that your truck is locked by whoever did the tuning. If he locks it (which he did before he flashed it) then that prevents other people from reading the file out to their computer and resell it as their own. There was a HUGE problem with people doing that when EFILive first came out. All those beta testers and hard working individuals spending countless hours on tunes would flash a customers truck and somebody would read them out and resell under their nose. So EFILive implemented the lock. Get ahold of the guy and have him unlock them and flash your stock back on.

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
Yes, he will be able to take it off and use it as he pleases with his V2 or AutoCal whichever he is using. I say your best bet is to get ahold of him and get it unlocked. You cannot "Full Flash" over the existing OS with your Moonshine AutoCal? Is Tony having you pull your stock file, email to him, then he will send you the Moonshine tunes and have you flash it onto your truck?

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
From what I understand yes that's what's happening. It just sucks because am in utah and my buddy is in Washington so am going to have him mail me his v2. Another quick question when I got my codes ran by the auto store they told me different codes then what my v2 says. Why is that? Is the autocal movr accurate then the other scan tools?

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
What was the code variations? The V2 scanner is much more versatile for these trucks than the cheap $60 Universal OBDII scanner that the auto parts stores use. They should be the same DTC codes, but the V2 should pull up much more in depth codes. For instance, my V2 pulled up a code on a seat switch. Granted that wouldn't request P0700 MIL, but still pulled it up. Never had an Auto Store find it before.

davig

Jun 28, 2012
west jordan, utah
Well the auto store pulled 2 glow plugs, a low fuel rail, maf error, a intake heater ( I deleted), and something else I can't remember and my autocal is getting.
b2580 high beam control circuit
C0040 right front wheel sensor circuit
p 0380 glow plug
P0543 intake heater a circuit
b0159 outside air temperature sensor circuit

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Well the auto store pulled 2 glow plugs, a low fuel rail, maf error, a intake heater ( I deleted), and something else I can't remember and my autocal is getting.
b2580 high beam control circuit
C0040 right front wheel sensor circuit
p 0380 glow plug
P0543 intake heater a circuit
b0159 outside air temperature sensor circuit

The tune your buddy flashed might not even be the right OS for your truck. I would not go by any dtc codes that came up. Other the. The one for your bills intake tube that needs rescaled. This is the issue when guys use tunes they find off the forums and try running them. Get the stock tune flashed back into your truck then read it out with the autocal. Then email it to Tony and myself and go from there.