Help: Edge Juice/Attitude bad or toasted turbo?

sbatty

Feb 15, 2009
Illinois
I'll start by saying that I don't know much about diesel engines. I have an '01 LB7 / Allison with 319,000 miles on the clock. It has an Edge Attitude/Juice tuner on it which was there when I bought it. Don't mess with it much just leave it on "1" and watch the display.

I was driving to the filling station yesterday and the truck just died. No warning, just died. I did get it to restart after cranking it a few times and it would idle but not rev up. I could bring the rpm up slowly but not quickly. I was only a couple blocks from home so I idled back home. On the way I noticed that there was no boost. Reading 0.0. It usually has a couple psi at idle. 50 feet from the driveway, the security center light on the dash starts blinking and the display on the Edge goes blank. The truck dies and then restarts on it's own after about a second. The security light goes off and the Edge "reboots".

I'm thinking I should remove the Edge and see what happens but then I wouldn't have a boost gauge. I'm thinking that the Edge thing just plugs in under the hood but I'm not sure what would be required to test it.

Any Ideas?

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
it the edge same thing has happen to me a few times youer best best is to get some real gauges and off with the edge!!!:thumb:

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
yea like said above just pull thoughs 2 harnessis apart and go from there i dont have efi yet but in the works if you wont a tuner or something of that sorts efi seem to be the only way to go!!! good luck

sbatty

Feb 15, 2009
Illinois
I may go with an EFI someday. I think with the mileage this truck has it is probably better off stock until I can rebuild it. The ally is getting pretty tired as well. Thanks for the info guys.