Edge Evolution CS on LML

DallesDuramax

Aug 22, 2014
The Dalles, OR
Tried to get my Evolution CS on my 2012 2500 Denali today and it gives me a program error on the handshake between the unit and the truck, as in "not recognized". I downloaded the update and it said none available. This seems to be a recurring thing on the web and of course Edge is not open on the weekends. I am not overly impressed right about now...

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Tried to get my Evolution CS on my 2012 2500 Denali today and it gives me a program error on the handshake between the unit and the truck, as in "not recognized". I downloaded the update and it said none available. This seems to be a recurring thing on the web and of course Edge is not open on the weekends. I am not overly impressed right about now...

Its a sign from Jesus to go with efi.

DallesDuramax

Aug 22, 2014
The Dalles, OR
New in box today... I did the download before I ever plugged it in the truck just like I would a Hypertec on my gaspots. The truck is still under warranty so EFI Live is not what I want to do right now either.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
New in box today... I did the download before I ever plugged it in the truck just like I would a Hypertec on my gaspots. The truck is still under warranty so EFI Live is not what I want to do right now either.

Hate to say it but the edge will ruin your warranty.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Went in for a spare door remote early in the week, but I did not try to install Edge until yesterday. Is GM that touchy about using the economy mode of the tuner?????

I'm not sure but my truck went in on Thursday for its first service and now I have the same issue except my truck isn't running...:mad:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Yeah there is no hiding the fact you put a tuner on the truck. Doesn't matter if it is completely removed or not. They can plug in their computer and read the max recorded torque output or they can review the dpf regens and compare that to the total miles of the truck and that will tell them the tale.

HeavyDuty204

May 26, 2014
Manitoba, CA
I'm not sure but my truck went in on Thursday for its first service and now I have the same issue except my truck isn't running...:mad:

Truck doesn't recognize the tuner whatsoever?

My truck went for a service a couple weeks back. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to tune my PPEI MCC tunes through my Mini Maxx. I had tune back to stock then I was able to install my tunes.

DallesDuramax

Aug 22, 2014
The Dalles, OR
Truck doesn't recognize the tuner whatsoever?

My truck went for a service a couple weeks back. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to tune my PPEI MCC tunes through my Mini Maxx. I had tune back to stock then I was able to install my tunes.

I got the updates from Edge and downloaded them before a trip from North Central Oregon to Glacier park and back. Averaged about 19.5/20.9 for the entire trip using the Economy mode at 75 to 80MPH all weekend. Washington, Idaho, Montana, and most 2 lane roads in Montanna are 70 which just about floored me. I had people passing me at 90+ on those roads. I guess I am just getting old or cannot afford the insurance bill.

I got my tuner through the dealer and the parts guy is part of the family that owned that dealer back in the 70's and knows my whole family very well. His brother sold my car when it was new I think to the guy I bought it from in 1975. They are not overly concerned about the warranty as they know I am not out beating on the truck. It really depends on the dealer for warranty, this is a small town and my parents bought a lot of cars around town over the years.

They do know my muscle car and know it was purchased there in 1972 new and know that I have "enhanced" the horsepower rating of that substantially. Every time I roll up it rattles the windows and the young sales people are all wondering where "that dinosaur" came from. They know tuner cars and that is the only reference they have.

I think the warranty issue is all about the dealer for the most part and how anal they want to be. I will put it back to stock and pull out the Edge before I need to take it in for service though, just to make sure.

The tuner seems to work pretty well. Got a B20 fill couple of days back and instant 2MPG drop. Last time for that S*%#.