Edge CTS and DSP5 switching capable on a LMM....read this

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
So we were talking with a Edge rep down at SEMA this past weekend and telling him about the build on my truck. Well interesting enough he stated that we would be able to run the CTS as a DSP5 switch on my LMM. He seemed knowledgable and it did seem like it was something new that they will be advertising soon but have not fully released yet. I thought I would share to see if this guy was full of it or if anyone has heard similar from Edge or EFI Live folks. Anyways just thought it was pretty sweet if it actually holds to be true.

MuscleTruck03

Wants a turbo!! or two...
Mar 10, 2010
north ogden, ut
tons of guys are running the insight cts and using it to switch their dsp tunes :thumb:
just need to setup your efi so the dsp switch is "serial" instead of "hard wired"

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
right but it doesnt work on 06 and up trucks. hasnt since they released it so this would be something new that they are releasing.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Not possible unless they are incorporating some sort of hard wire switch components into the CTS monitor.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Anything is possible with R&D. This guy was straight forward no bs, I asked for some details but he really wasn't handing out that info at SEMA. If they make something say off their accessory add on that uses a switch inside the cable to act like a hardwired switch and taps into the ECM plug like a standard hardwired switch. Then use the Edge to switch voltages in that cable/switch thru the CTS then that sounds plausible. Not saying that is exactly what they are doing.......like I said, with enough R&D anything is possible.

Shift_Fast

Oct 7, 2011
Ya I hope it all pans out. When and if we get it working on my LMM my buddy will put one on his LBZ and check that too. Exciting times if this works.