EDGE CTS 2 eas egt sensor or problem

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
setup is a stock lbz engine , 3794va stage 2, built trans from mike L, 3" dp and 5 catless dp back, fass 150 , cat 2 micron in stock location,shimmed rail , Edge cts 2 ( the new one ) with eas system using the boost gauge add on and the egt ad on . i came from a first gen cts with non expandable and never had any issue even after the turbo swap though it was only on for a month before i swapped to edge cts 2 so i could monitor actual boost ( i could have done it with the cts but wanted more monitors on the screen)

Lately i have been seeing odd egt's , ex part throttle on a 150 hp tune ( level 3 on dsp5 where i almost always have it )ill see my alarm for exceeding 1500 for a few seconds in 70-80% throttle and right when i come to a stop to park and shut down the truck ill see a spike and briefly see a 2,000 egt . also it seems to be reading a bit lower than it used too in certain conditions. Im leaning toward the sensor but it is very new maybe a few months old so i really hope this isnt a common reoccurance. Doubt its the turbo as it acts and behave fine .

Any insight ?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I have had similar e experience, I'd point towards the edge probe.They have a past of failing but edge does replace them no problem

akdmaxx

Jul 12, 2015
They can be finiky too if the electrical grounds on the truck aren't good. I changed out a couple on a guys truck before I tried one on mine and it worked fine. Cleaned up the chassis grounds and added one and hasn't had a problem since.