ebay vehicle shopping??

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
so anyone have any experience good or bad with buying a vehicle on ebay? If you did,, did you pick it up or have it shipped? I'm truck shopping and am having a terrible time finding what i want local but have found a few that fit the bill on ebay.
Thanks!

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
My buddy has bought his last 3 vehicles on there..can get some good deals if you don't mind flying or driving

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I wont be able to fly out and get the one in TX I'm looking at. I cant get away from home for that long. Any one ever shipped a truck some 1100 miles?? hows that work and what kind of prices could someone expect?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
When we were looking for a truck every single one we liked was in texas. had to be 4x4 crew cab and hate leather. finally it became a joke we knew if it was a good deal and we liked it it was in texas . finally after a while of searching we found one a few hour's away if your worried about just wait you will find one.

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
I bought both my trucks on ebay, excellent deals just kept it within a few states away never flew cross country for one, I financed mine right through ebay they took care of it all.

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
At the time it was that was about two years ago, they gave me hsbc they were reasonable , they dont do auto loans anymore not sure who they use now but you know in about ten minutes if your approved and how much for ,then they did all the paperwork overnight mailed everything and did all the background checks on the truck for me all i had to do is wait for the check and go get the truck, he had a loan on the truck so they contacted his bank and paid his loan off

tadams72

Mar 27, 2010
I bought my 99 3/4 ton 4x4 Burb on eBay. It was in TX and I was in DC. I got a good deal but it is always a risk. Look for feedback rating. Check Carfax. Some offer guarantees which is nice. I shipped it and it was pretty reasonable (about $750 and got it in about a week). So, you could get a great deal but it is easy to get screwed as well. Another option you might check into is going to your local dealer and tell them what you are looking for. The dealer network knows the stock of most dealers within a few states around them. You can work the deal that way and have someone to go to local if it is a lemon. Good Luck.