E Locker first timer

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
when my elocker worked i would always lock right before i pulled out onto the track that way i could feel that it was locked when i was turning the wheel

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
when my elocker worked i would always lock right before i pulled out onto the track that way i could feel that it was locked when i was turning the wheel

This is how I always did mine. If its not locked and you take off it will DESTROY your front diff. I have seen the whole case crack in half because of this

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Do most of you guys go onto the track in 4wd? Ive seen a few guys go out in 2wd then switch in 4wd on the track.

I always hit the locker well before pulling onto the track, as I got close and it was a fairly straight shot I would then engage 4wd.

I heard stories of e-lockers giving fits, so I figured engaging it first would:
1. give it time to engage.
2. allow it to engage prior to driveline bind (easier for it to engage).

Never had any issues this way

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
i put it in 4wd before getting on the track. It is sometimes very hard to get into low lock with 1,000lbs on the front

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I always put mine in 4lo when getting staged to pull. Elocker gets locked in right before i back up to the sled and unlocked before i drive off the track after unhooking from sled