LB7: Duramax start then shuts off

SCHMIDTYlb7

Jan 2, 2018
I have a 2004 ccsb duramax, it's been cold here in MN and my truck fires up and then dies about 30 seconds after and cranks over but acts like it's not getting fuel and have to use ether to start again then it runs??? Any help

wrayv4

Nov 7, 2017
I had the same issue with my 03, if I went and primed the system again it would start right up. For me it was the bleeder screw being the slightest bit loose.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

black00chev

Oct 16, 2017
Virginia
Check everything on your fuel filter head. Make sure the bleeder screw is snug and that the primer actually builds up pressure. Sometimes it's helpful to cycle the key 2 or 3 times to make sure you have good pressure.

You may need to rebuild the filter head if its sucking any air.

aashton1206

Sep 3, 2015
Definitely an air leak. Got a lbz head and some 1/2 inch fuel line and be done with it. If you have the money get a lifter pump. Improves injector life and helps with ease of use.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Rick Fletes Dsp 5 on v2, 33x12.5 nitto at on 20 inch American Racing 20x10 wheels, Stage 5 Built Transmission by Mike Cole with triple disc billet low stall converter, 4 inch Injen cold air intake, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, PPE Race Valve, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, lbz cp3 pump, Dual Platinum AGM Duralast, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Upper Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FED Y Bridge, Shantz Custom Fab Traction Bars.

ragtime

Jan 3, 2018
usually diesels start and will run till you shut them off.
only thing i found was air infuel filter that would cause them to quit.
i found 2 stroke fluid in the fuel helped lubricate the seals enough to keep air out.
or you have a cracked housing
hope this helps