Duramax in 95 mustang

brokesmoker

Dec 3, 2010
Virginia
So I saw the nx 94 mustang with the duramax in it and I have a 95 mustang race car. I am considering putting a duramax in it since I have a built motor about to come out of the machine shop I want something fun but different. I know its been done but since I already have the car I figured might as well..... wondering you guys thoughts or input anything is appreciated.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
What kind of power are you looking to make, and shift RPM? With a glide your going to need around a 2.90 gear, gear vendor and a tall tire. Your going to need some serious support to stiffen that thing up, way more then a basic bar/cage.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The thought of a Dmax in my old 83 GT just makes me LOL. Can you say "pretzel"?!?

Good luck to you if you decide to do it. I dont see why you couldn't call the NX guys (or whoever built that car) and ask them what exactly you'd have to do to pull it off. Trust Russ when it comes to driveline. He's got a lot of experience with Dmax in cars.

brokesmoker

Dec 3, 2010
Virginia
sounds like I have a lot of researching to do before I make my decision, thank you for the input guys nice to have intelligent people to ask.